• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Kart Krew™'s exe mods

What are you even talking about?

Slopes? When was that ever in play? Did I accidentally skip over Iceman just announcing "Hey guys there's slopes in software for Kart now have fun"

Kart does not have any support for slopes nor do we have any plans for it. Please stop making assumptions like this.

Whoops, must have chosen the wrong forum! Anyways the slopes were just a minor concept of mine that make the upward curves in the terrain look better. Sorry if i confused you a bit-i once saw a GIF of slopes being used in a test of sorts, and wanted to point out how efficiently they could be used. Other than that like you said they don't do much are are a possible waste of time. Just had to point it out for you. Apologies.

Weather Factory Zone, where demos draw closer(ish)

srb20577.png

srb20584fabricatedcleverly.png

Just about have this level finished, as you can see in the last screenshot, we have the warp pad that will send the players back to the Hub when they are done with the level.

Last edited:
Yet again CoatRack proves himself to be a mapping prodigy :V

I really like what you did with the fog. It gives that "in the air" kind of feel and emphasizes the theme of a sky level really well. IMO this gives off that feel better then AGZ (probably not the best comparison out there). Also those are some beautiful textures you guys got there. Props to whoever made them. Quick question though; Do those fans in the background of the 2nd screenshot move/animate? Also, what are those blue buttons in that same screen for? :x

you can't blackmail me like this dragon.

Sonic looks different in that first screen. Either it's just the fog or you guys touched up his frames. I don't remember him looking angry when he runs, and his quills look shorter. Could just be me though.

Sonic looks different in that first screen. Either it's just the fog or you guys touched up his frames. I don't remember him looking angry when he runs, and his quills look shorter. Could just be me though.

It's just you. Sonic's sprites had been like that for at least 6 years.

Welcome to Iceman's guide of How To Quench The Bitches©

Step 1:

i5JQdDNhmfnQY.gif

Step 2:

????

Step 3:

PROFIT

That South Park reference is golden.

I really like this new... design? I don't know if it's new, it's like... better and updated. Keep it up!

Besides that... little misthought...

What is the effect of the gif coming from? Getting 10 rings or a full health monitor?

That looks quite nice. But such things don't quench my thirst, they merely make me even more eager to see this mod's eventual release.

srb20014.png

After the ring HUD, I looked at the HUD and noticed it felt outdated-ish. So I redid SRB2's mediocre emblem sprites, updated the emblem HUD, the numbers all over the HUD, and then SCORE & TIME.

It's also an excuse to show Sryder's own zone, Mainframe Metropolis, again. :P

srb20011.png

In the words of Larztard, my emblems used to be a bit sexier before everyone in IRC complained about them standing out too much. So I had to flatten their shading a bunch. Well, it was more like 2 people who kept saying it, but still...

Last edited:
In the words of Larztard, my emblems used to be a bit sexier before everyone in IRC complained about them standing out too much. So I had to flatten their shading a bunch. Well, it was more like 2 people who kept saying it, but still...

Honestly, I say those opinions are bunk. The whole point of a collectable is to stand out and look awesome. That's not a flaw. Besides, who in their right mind DOESN'T want to collect those juicy emblems? I know I sure do, but I'm not as hyped about the flatter ones. Anyone else who shares my opinion? Shiny emblems or boring, flat, weak emblems?

Also, worth mentioning, the shiny ones fit the shading style of most TD graphics, a lot lot better.

I agree, the emblems with better shading look more fitting to TD's lush levels.

I was blown away with the new emblem look...until Iceman showed me the sexy shading of the old-new emblems. Personally, I think the sexy shading looks spectacular and I don't see how they would stand out.

reggieshrug.gif

This mod's HUD has gone through several revisions one after the other from readability issues and criticism, but maybe now it can stay final, ha.

jbemonxAOw1dNe.png

A fucking Pokemon esque bar.

jb0ITUYThUqm98.png

Whatever I was thinking here (oh right I made the 2.1 clock icon for NiGHTS)

srb20015.png

Like, I can't even find the older ones. :V

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back