SA1 or SADX?

Though i like SADX, i honestly like the low poly aesthethic of the original SA1 more, even though SADX has older sonic games as minigames, SA1 has the twinkle circuit as it's minigame, and also i basicaally overall like SA1 so yeah
(sorry for bad grammar)

It depends really, if we're just counting vanilla SADX then I'll defs go for SA1 Dreamcast, it's just better and lacks many of the issues SADX had like the weird enemy behavior from the frame rate increase and less visual glitches, vanilla SADX just looks like ass. It looks like ass specially on PC, like the ocean water legit looks like acid or something and let's not mention the infamous lack of lighting in the mystic ruins. I wonder why they removed the more advanced lighting engine from the Dreamcast version in SADX, I find that kinda ironic considering how the GameCube was one of the most powerful consoles at the time, I just assume they gave up trying to port it to the GCs graphics chip and just made a new one entirely with little effort.

My preference is SADX.
1, I got the whole line up of sonic game gear games on a tv screen WITH multiplayer!
2, the controls somehow feel tighter
3, GBA connectivity with 3 gba games and 2 downloadable tiny chao gardens.
4, the ability to not just send chao to SA2B, but RECEIVE them from SA2B too.
Dreamcast SA can only send chao to SA2. Not receive them.

Which one is better? The Dreamcast version of Sonic Adventure or the posterior console version of the same game called Sonic Adventure DX Director's Cut?
Mine is hard to decide because Dreamcast has the better atmosphere and sounds while DX has the better mechanical overalls. I'd better stick with BetterSADX alongside with PkR's brilliant Dreamcast Conversion mod.
I will say beta Windy Valley is a S tier stage. I don't know why that got scrapped, but it's phenomenal. Anyways,
it's really hard to say which out of the two are overall better because both have their pros and cons.

I just mesh my gameplay via playing SAD1/DX modded to get the best of both worlds.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back