• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Steel's showcasing thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteelT

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
You may remember me as that guy who's match map got zero points in the OLDC, and I admit it was rushed, only worked on it for like a week. However this map won't be like the last, I will put more effort into it, So without further ado, here is an map I call Sunset Coast.

66b1ed815b.png

524d17ae07.png
9b3b9ecbe2.png

29bd850ce0.png

S'all right. Definitely a gigantic improvement from that last map you made. A bit bland though. Like, not enough decorations and whatnot. It also feels super small. Doesn't really feel like an srb2 map. The use of textures is also... ehhhh. Needs more variety, know what I mean?

In my opinion, the colour-map of Sunset Coast is way too strong/intense. The sand's colour actually hurts my eyes to look at for too long, and the grass texture looks... like some sort of yellow-ish green-ish something, rather than green with a tint of yellow-orange-ish.

Okay, it has been awhile since I posted any progress here, but being busy with life, and SUGOI. I have resumed working on the map, Sunset Coast got a redesigned for the third time, and is now Isolated Island Zone.
44edc6459f.png
c9c53e0597.png
08a4c496a7.png

Oh boy, rime to revive this as I show the latest map I'm working on, Midnight Shores Zone. I really can't show too much, as I've been working on this for months and it's still not in a beatable state. But I can show you some parts of the map.
UmU5vp1.png

iPID92j.png

CW59MRS.png

Oh, you're porting this? Neat! Shards was one of my favorite parts of XSRB2, kind of a shame people didn't really play it online often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back