Character wad's help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZarroTsu

Over The Speed Limit
ok... a few questions

1) Is there a program used to make character wads?

2) How long does the average character wad take to make?

1) There are programs which will compile your sprites into lumps, but you have to provide both them and the S_SKIN lump. Try XWE or DeepSea.

2) Check when SRB2 was first released. Knuckles hasn't been finished yet. Okay, so AJ has much more to do than draw sprites. A character wad may rob you of some weeks/months, or maybe just some hours, depending if you're going to draw the sprites from scratch, edit previoulsy drawn ones, or use existing ones and whether you're going to make all of the sprites, or just copy some around (ie: Shadow WAD's running sequence).

.... :P

so... anyone have sonic's gfx from srb2? hehe.... *sux at drawing on paint* *has no scanner* *not gonna waste a week - month*

I'll just fiddle with sonic's sprites... *imagiens godly character with all stats maxed*

GWAHAHA :twisted:

... *cough*

I've already made a godly character with all abilitys maxed, it's just a bunch of recouloured sonic xtreme sprites [/lazy]. It wasn't that good really, just don't bet on maxed out acceleration to get you over aerial garden.

And i made another character to, as fat as knux, and its better than the previous character i made. Me thinks.

And how long does it take to make a character?

It took Donnyku 1 year to make shadow, and i just recoloured 174 xtreme sprites took me over an hour... with sprites finished it should take 5-10 minutes at the most for S_SKIN and OBJCTCFG/MAINCFG.

Here marks post #300.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back