Flame's topic full of questions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok first thing:
i managed to find his server on the net, and on the game thing :)

but whenever i make a game, he says he cant see it on the search option (strange)

and whenever i connect to his server, the game just freezes and i just keep waiting for the thing to load, but it doesent, and i wind up pressing the Esc Button to get out, and then he says that his Game just Froze

It's obviously something to do with your setup, since he can host. I sometimes have trouble hosting myself, not sure why. Close all other internet programs before playing, and be sure to check if you have a firewall running - if turning it off solves the problem, then you've found what's wrong. If not, then it's something else, and you should fiddle with the firewall no more.

If the problem persists, ask some one else. I've spilled out every thing I know.

actually, no it wasnt (sorry for double posting again but...)

i was VSing someone and I told him to add the shadow wad
when he added it, the game shut down
and an error message poped up saying:
Error with loading Shadow wad
*and then something with about file mismach*

To use WAD files in netplay, all the players should have the wad in the SRB2 directory beforehand. Then, the host (and only the host) should ADDFILE the WAD.

Do keep in mind that, if the different players' files don't match, the game will crash and tell you just that. Be sure to all use the same version of the file and, if that doesn't work, try dowloading the file again.

Neo Chaotikal said:
Well I'm stumped. Help?

One more thing - SRB2 displays all the games the master server page shows. However, it filters out the games depending on the version. For instance, the page will show games of version 1.09.0 and 1.09.1, but SRB2 1.09 will only show 1.09.0 and SRB2 1.09.1 will only show 1.09.1.

So, just check the master server page, no need to check both it and SRB2.

Also, SRB2 filters out the unjoinable netgames.
For some reason, at least for me, I NEED to use the launcher to join netgames. I can't search-join (Well, not anymore...Could on dial-up, but not on DSL). Have your friend use the launcher to join these games.

Neo Chaotikal said:
Well I'm stumped. Help?

One more thing - SRB2 displays all the games the master server page shows. However, it filters out the games depending on the version. For instance, the page will show games of version 1.09.0 and 1.09.1, but SRB2 1.09 will only show 1.09.0 and SRB2 1.09.1 will only show 1.09.1.

So, just check the master server page, no need to check both it and SRB2.

but it also shows the SRB2 JTE servers...
i seen it on the site

i think it was 1.89.5 or something

I have 1.69.6 mostly ready, but of course, I'm putting off releasing it. Lazyness, mostly.

yeah... im sorry, thats what i ment: 1.69.5

but whats new in the 1.69.6 one?

(it would be good to fix the SRB2 universe level select thing)

EDIT:
also on the master server, i saw there were people online playing
SRB2 Version 1.09.2

1.69.6 thus far is a port of 1.69.5 to 1.09.1, with quite a few bug fixes (including fixes for the SRB2 Universe kill-an-enemy crash, though the level select menu still dies...) and SA City half-added.

SA City? That's an old wad I made during the beta period before 1.08, when map scripts were added but linedef executors were unheard of, of course. It was intended for multiplayer city roleplaying, with lots of little minigames, a dueling arena (2, even. One underground covered by glass and one in the sky.), a circuit racetrack which used some of the building's roofs as pieces of the course and had a lot of rings for if you felt like gunning down the people ahead if you or something (though everytime someone ran backwards to shoot back, they ran straight off the course and lost anyway)... And most importantly, it had "disaster mode"; Players must survive a series of disasters, including flood, fire, and tornado.

Why was it called SA City, then? I didn't make station square... I actually only called it that because I used the Sonic Adventure map type and lots of Sonic Adventure/2 music for disaster mode, though the main city theme was Livin' in Da City from Sonic R.

The wad also included Waiting Zone, a good empty place for players to wait for more people to join before starting the game, Warping to SA City Zone, a lengthy introduction and minigame rules explanation which everyone was too distracted by the pretty warp tunnel to actually READ, and Tornado Hill Zone, since the lack of SOC editing meant I had to override THZ's plant to make some of the sucky tornado graphics...

yeah your right, sorry....

also, i downloaded and just completed the new Srb2 game (version 1.09.5)

i used the object place command in a few levels to get out of some areas
but at the end of the game, it says, Prizes not awarded in modified games, when i had no wad files loaded

It's 1.09.2. And objectplace now modifies games, like any other cheat. It didn't do that in 1.09 due to a glitch.

Things that modify the game:
Additional files
Object Place
Dev. Mode
No Clipping
God Mode
Save games in which you have done any of the above

Can't remember if there are any more. Are there?

im sorry but i only know about the additional files and object place
what is Dev. Mode, No Clipping, and God Mode?

(but please, can you not make the object place thing -like- modify the game? please? (it seems sort of unfair to people))

or wait, can someone give me the download link to 1.09.0?

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
what is Dev. Mode, No Clipping, and God Mode?
DEVMODE - shows you loads of values, such as momentum, position, ability, water tics and such.

NOCLIP - Good for walking though walls.

GOD - Invincibility.

Flame_the_hedgehog said:
(but please, can you not make the object place thing -like- modify the game? please? (it seems sort of unfair to people))
No. You see, OBJECTPLACE is a tool to place objects in maps, so you can WRITETHINGS into a lump and import it into a WAD file for your own personal use. If it didn't modify the game, you could use in to cheat and get all the emeralds and stuff. So stop asking for cheats and beat the game legit.

Remember how people used to use the debug in the classic Sonic games to "make" levels? I know I used to. Too bad it'd "forget" when you walked beyond the range of the objects =P

OBJECTPLACE allows level designers to actually place objects in SRB2 levels like that. It's not for everyone, and I personally don't really like it, but for those who want to use it, it's a tool available to them.

I know I use OBJECTPLACE a ton. It really helps to solve boredom, by making my own little world :p

Spazzo said:
I know I use OBJECTPLACE a ton. It really helps to solve boredom, by making my own little world :p

thats true, it was good in version 1.09 but not in 1.09.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back