Can't use Md2 Models on mac version of srb2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm having some trouble getting the md2 models to work and I made the Md2.dat file and still nothing and I when open up the contents of the application and added the md2 models and the newly made .dat file and turned on GR_MD2 I get no MD2 models in the game! What I'm doing wrong here?

Your filenames might be wrong. Is it named to play.md2?

I done all that and when I used a md2 model it didn't work and I noticed I had to make it as make as plain text but not .rtf (rich text format) on textedit and save it as a .txt and then renamed the new .txt into .dat and it worked and the models shows up like this
Screenshot2010-10-22at81355PM.png

Also this is the specs on my 4th Gen Macbook's Graphics Card which I know it supports OpenGL well

Intel GMA X3100:

Chipset Model: GMA X3100
Type: GPU
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 144 MB
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x2a02
Revision ID: 0x0003

You need a texture for the model to load. What you see in the screenshot is what happens when SRB2 can't find a texture for the model; it instead loads the sprite that would otherwise be used and tried to use that as a texture, which obviously doesn't work so well. The texture has to be a png image with the same name as the md2 file, save for the extension of course.

You need a texture for the model to load. What you see in the screenshot is what happens when SRB2 can't find a texture for the model; it instead loads the sprite that would otherwise be used and tried to use that as a texture, which obviously doesn't work so well. The texture has to be a png image with the same name as the md2 file, save for the extension of course.

It was the same name as PLAY.PNG should there be a some kind of config to get this working as it should?

I think Mac OSX is case-sensitive, so make sure it is play.png and not PLAY.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back