Can I port Mystic Realm, Mystic?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TehRealSalt

(σᴥσ)
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Im wondering if i can, but if your already porting it, then this topic's trash.

I am certain Mystic will port Mystic Realm. Just wait or convert it yourself if you want. (I wouldn't if I were you.)

If you ask me, There is no mod capable of beating Mystic Realm, even though the new levels are awesome, but some people still miss mystic realm. So I thing, it'll be ported and released by mystic (Or someone else) Eventually.

Blue Warrior seemed to have decided to port it, but you could always port it yourself for your own private use.

But what you're forgetting is that Mystic Realm is and always was a shitty mod.

Last edited:
Old =/= bad. SRB2 is 11 years old. Is it bad? Also, Mystic Realm is about the largest single player level pack ever made, and good quality too.

Would you let that decay?

Mystic Realm is just a good work.

Eggmanfan, you are totally wrong.

Mystic Realm is being ported so no way that Mystic Realm is going to trash.

hopefully the info cards for the archives unlockable will be able to get higher than cutscene 9.

Last edited:
Old =/= bad. SRB2 is 11 years old. Is it bad? Also, Mystic Realm is about the largest single player level pack ever made, and good quality too.

Would you let that decay?

Mystic Realm is old which makes it bad by other users. Because being older makes it have less features.

SRB2...WHAT? Thats development time, not being old.

Mystic Realm is old which makes it bad by other users. Because being older makes it have less features.

That's not what other users are saying at all. Old does not equal bad. What most seem to say was at MR's time, all of it's gimmicks were new, like icy water that hurts you, etc. But compared to SRB2's new levels these gimmicks seem old.

Mystic Realm is still fun, though.

It Still wouldn't be a bad idea..If Mystic Ported it to 2.0, Srsly Its still fun for some users (Including me) I dont see how people can get bored with it. I mean..Yeah its kinda old. But its still fun. It was better than the old Srb2 Single Player Levels. Second Quest Was Fun in every Aspect (IMO). And besides with the new textures It'd Look Awesome.

Last edited:
It was better than the old Srb2 Single Player Levels.
That's not hard.

Anyways, it feels kinda old IMO, but after playing through again yesterday, I found out how strangely fun it is despite how old it feels. The problem is that all of its gimmicks are a few years old and thus feel natural to us. (The freezing water and the green acid that insta-kills, for example.)
It is still the basic example of what a mod can do, and I think it doesn't need to have 2.0's features to maintain its charme.
That doesn't mean that it's THE best thing around, Verdant Forest and Silver Cavern are pretty bad IMO and many other levels are average as well. There seem to be some people who hold it in very high regard, which I cannot understand. Mystic himself said that this mod feels pretty uninspired in comparison to SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back