Invalid "No More Enemies - Once" Action 313 no longer works

Status
Not open for further replies.

Telwen

This can be seen in a lot of old v2.1 levels/map packs that have them, for example The Emerald Isles (TEI).

If you attempt to use Action 313 in order to check if no enemies are in a sector in order to trigger a certain action such as opening a door, nothing happens.

Thing is, I'm unaware of this being:

1. Just a broken feature because its not something the current game uses, as to my knowledge it was used in Castle Eggman in v2.1 (a room filled with Egg Guards and Lance-a-Bots). It could've just been broken accidentally.
2. Removed entirely, and Zone Builder erroneously doesn't know what's in the action slot for these commands.
3. It was moved, and Zone Builder erroneously doesn't know what's in the action slot for these commands.
4. Its behavior changed and I'm just unaware of how the setup to do this has changed.

So for now I'll just put this here.

EDIT: I've attached an example, but the Wiki's 313 example is also appropriate.

Attachments

• nomoreenemies.rar
    1 KB · Views: 105
Last edited by a moderator:
The setup of this linedef type has changed for version 2.2. It now acts as the trigger linedef itself, being placed in the same sector of the desired linedef executors, and it needs to be tagged to the desired intangible FOFs' control sectors for the effect to work.

eQ9ZUDT.png

The SRB2 Wiki is still very out of date in numerous places regards linedef specials and the like. Don't trust it wholly for a while yet, you need to ask around a lot for the time being.

That said, LD 313's setup was actually something I personally changed for 2.2, precisely because the old setup for 2.1 and before was unnecessarily complicated for no reason. Now it's much more simple and works as a trigger linedef directly as you'd expect it to! :D

Thanks for the clarification! I'll go and update the wiki since I brought it up; I made something that works in 2.2 with the blueprint Tatsuru put up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back