• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Currently making: 3D Blast Sonic in SRB2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I can show you is a screenshot as it is very early in development, only sprites that are done are the standing sprites. This was built off SSNSonic as I am very new to making mods. Here is a screenshot. Sorry if this is the wrong section as I am a bit new to this forum.

Attachments

• screenshotearly.PNG
    screenshotearly.PNG
    99.2 KB · Views: 2,714
Last edited:
Damn, that Sprite is huge. Can you resize it or something?

I think the hardest part is the fact that 3D Blast has a higher angle than SRB2.

Good luck!

I've never made an SRB2 mod so I'm not too sure about this. My hardest parts are gonna be the sprites that 3D blast doesn't have (I can't sprite).

Theres already Xtreme Sonic, which is very similiar to the 3D blast sonic... idk if this is worth doing... And spriting is hard, especially considering 3D Blast Sonic is pre-rendered. Also the Message Board doesnt want sprite-rips. However, sometimes it accepts them as some include custom abilities that are very good (example Xtreme Sonic).

Darn, now I'm not sure on what to do.

---------- Post added at 02:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

What is it that is impeding you from 'spriting'?

It seems very hard and I can't sprite from scratch, I can only make simple edits to sprites.

Don't rush it, learning it is worth it. That or learning lua so players would team up with you to make characters' sprites instead of you doing everything. Don't look up for anyone, they might or might not come.

Yeah, sprite-ripping is forbidden on the MB.

While I love the Xtreme sprite the rendering and 3D model isn't fully the same.

Looks like I lost my chance to make a mod. What can I make out of the unfinished mod prototype? I might release it elsewhere but I'm not entirely sure.

Last edited:
Theres already Xtreme Sonic, which is very similiar to the 3D blast sonic... idk if this is worth doing... And spriting is hard, especially considering 3D Blast Sonic is pre-rendered. Also the Message Board doesnt want sprite-rips. However, sometimes it accepts them as some include custom abilities that are very good (example Xtreme Sonic).

I am pretty sure Nasya is also pre-rendered, correct me if i am wrong.

not sure if someone pointed this out, but there are technically 2 sprite sets for 3D blast.

First is the original genesis version.

Then there's the slightly higher res saturn version. Not as high res as extreme per-say, but more clear with more colors for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back