Ultimate mode has actually lives

Axolex53

Unknown person
So ... yeah, you know the ultimate mode that is unlocked when you type Ultimate in the data select? Which says that has no spare lives?

Well in that game mode I found a bug that I don't know if it's intentional. Since when you get the seven Chaos emeralds and go for another token, it acts like lives by restarting the level you play

I play as amy because she can actually get "faster" all the tokens (incluiding that one where you need to spin in GFZ 1)

attachment.php

As you can see in the image i already take the token while having the seven chaos emeralds

attachment.php

The problem with this bug? Well if you go in DSZ 1 and get 2 tokens there, you can farm lives for hard zones like CEZ or ERZ.

Edit: Sorry for the timer that doesn't match, i get killed in the process

Attachments

• srb20025.png
    srb20025.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 440
  • srb20074.gif
    srb20074.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 508
Last edited:
Those aren't lives, they're continues. Ultimate mode *does* have continues which can be achieved, and I believe this was the case in earlier versions as well.

In 1.09 you could get lives by getting 50.000 points, or breaking 1-up monitors (bc they weren't removed for whatever reason.)

Honestly? I think this should be kept. Yeah, Ultimate Mode is meant to be unfair, but it's at least a reward for taking the risk to get the Seven Chaos Emeralds, not to mention it encourages Token Hunting even more.

Those aren't lives, they're continues. Ultimate mode *does* have continues which can be achieved, and I believe this was the case in earlier versions as well.

I know that the correct name is "continue" but it acts like lives by continue playing the level (without the checkpoints before you die)

In 1.09 you could get lives by getting 50.000 points, or breaking 1-up monitors (bc they weren't removed for whatever reason.)

Yeah, like the classic games formula

Honestly? I think this should be kept. Yeah, Ultimate Mode is meant to be unfair, but it's at least a reward for taking the risk to get the Seven Chaos Emeralds, not to mention it encourages Token Hunting even more.

I had a second thought about that, and i agree with you, because encourages the reward... Is choice of the player if sacrifices time for the reward or not

I really think that is a bug semi-intentional

To be honest, I think continues are against the spirit of the challenge of completing the game without damage, which is how I've seen ultimate mode. Can't really talk for everyone though. After all the golden monitors exist, providing a small lifeline in some levels.

To be honest, I think continues are against the spirit of the challenge of completing the game without damage, which is how I've seen ultimate mode. Can't really talk for everyone though. After all the golden monitors exist, providing a small lifeline in some levels.

Well... I respect that, but the only way (that i know) to get the continues is collecting the seven chaos emeralds. Is up to you if you want collect them or not.

About the golden monitors... You are right... but that's another thing for a thread

Yeah, fair enough. After all it takes some effort to get the emeralds in the first place. Considering I regularly abuse the game mechanics myself, I may have come out of my lane criticising intended features. I still kinda think it's strange

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back