I'm back with c_darkstar2.wad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir, are officially god! Or maybe you're noclip, I'm not sure. *shot* Anyways, at the very back of the bases, behind the wall, there should be a red spring so you can ambush people.(you're able to get back there, even as Sonic)

Read and understand...

The pathways between bases are way too cramped. Also note that the tiny platforms you added are way too small. Even with no C-lag, they are difficult to hit.

Otherwise, not a bad edit.

46 minutes and 43 seconds...

That's how long it took to finish the map in my netgame, it ended 4 to 5.

Anyways, I found a path through the level that is made 1337ness.

Oh I have a question. What are those things upp in the sky? I started it up with -force and it spawns player 1 up there. Also, you get killed when you stand on it and the little towers. The things up in the sky are an eye soar in openGl, so please get rid of them? And just like Jazz said, too cramped in areas. Better than most wads I've seen lately.

I've tried getting rid of the REDWALL in the level, but I haven't been able to locate it yet.

I'll fix the cramped part and the player starts.

Yes, well, don't make it so you have to be tails to get accross for noobs.

Tails + Rail + auto = phail

Dark Angel said:
I've tried getting rid of the REDWALL in the level, but I haven't been able to locate it yet.

I'll fix the cramped part and the player starts.

Tools -> Fix Map Errors. Should tell you where all your missing textures are.

luis90 said:

Meaning that Tails is overpowered with Rail and Auto, or that Tails can't do jack in a level that has AutoFail?

Because both can apply, depending on the skill of the players in the netgame.

Not if you know how to play.
Meaning that Tails is overpowered with Rail and Auto, or that Tails can't do jack in a level that has AutoFail?

What is that supposed to mean?

And thanks for the tip Jazz.

Luis90 made a vague statement, thats all.

What I mean, is that if anyone with any kind of skill is in a netgame with Auto-Rail, no Tails player stands a chance. Tails simply move too slow to avoid Auto-Rail in most circumstances. Flying would make him an even easier target.

If the only person with skill in a netgame is the Tails player, the whole map will get slammed with Auto-Rail from an effective flying gun platform.

'K, that last message was ****** up:

Not if you know how to play.
What was that in response to?

Meaning that Tails is overpowered with Rail and Auto, or that Tails can't do jack in a level that has AutoFail
You forgot to put part of it in quotes.

What is that supposed to mean?
He's asking what luis90 meant with his comment about you shouldn't need to be Tails if you were a n00b.

Not exactly. I was good with Tails until I learned strafe and mouselook, then easily switched to Sonic. Tails is a good gunner, and I've used him to win every know and then.

Ok, let me rephrase it.

Large open symmetrical air stage with rails, that is enough to make tails overpowered.

And you want to add auto into the mix?

And another way, tails is pretty slow while flying. And now, imagine him with snipers that have auto attached to them.

And the only reason I bring up that, is because most of the people in kaysakado's net-game were tails. 4 people, including myself, were sonic, and the rest were tails. Although, I do suppose it is unfair to assume you are going to be tails. In that case...

Large open air stage, with 4 large snipe towers at the corners, multiple semi-high platforms in the middle, rails AT THE SNIPE TOWERS, and (2) autos in the middle platforms, combine that with the fact that the lower path is dangerous to take for fear of snipers, and enemies easily guarding your only way in to their base with rails, and we can't forget those platforms that ALWAYS make you stop moving for a second, leaving you susceptible for even more snipers, makes this level easy to conquer if you are tails(getting the weapon rings first is a must though), and even more easy to conquer if you alternate the middle and sniper towers for the weapon rings.

"Un-Vague" Enough for ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back