The Meeting Room [Discontinued]

Do you like the look of this wad and what do you think of the gameplay?

• I would say this level is excellent for a first wad.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I would say this level is good for a first wad.

• I would say this level is... meh for a first wad.

• I wouldn't call this level very good even if it is a first try.

• I would say this level is awful.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hannyness said:
lol.

No, I don't plan on releasing it here just yet. maybe because you're all such complete prats. :]

Maybe because you can't take the critisicm we say on your map. If everyone else can take it. You should too.

And about themes. Look on some of the offical srb2 maps on DB to give you ideas.

Themes? Honestly, Hyperknux. I try to avoid things other people have done. Once someone uses a particular texture in a particular way, poof! I can't use the idea. However, more often than not, the idea would've sucked if I implemented it in my own level anyway.

So yeah. Of course, keep in mind that I've been mapping for a while now. I consider it a good idea for everybody to get the GFZROCK out of their system while they're still new. ;)

Must... fight... the urge to use GFZROCK! It lures me, stands there taunting me: "Double-click me Kaysakado, you know you want to..."

The way I see it BZ4, the original Sonic games were themselves themed, and done correctly, themed levels can be great. The problem is when all a person makes are the same theme, which is why I try to cover one level of each stereotype. I'll try to do something truly original, but almost everything has been done. The fact that srb2 traps you into right angles and the grid is a huge restrictor also, I mean you can't even put a crate at a 45 degree angle without messing the flat up.

BlueZero4 said:
Themes? Honestly, Hyperknux. I try to avoid things other people have done. Once someone uses a particular texture in a particular way, poof! I can't use the idea. However, more often than not, the idea would've sucked if I implemented it in my own level anyway.

So yeah. Of course, keep in mind that I've been mapping for a while now. I consider it a good idea for everybody to get the GFZROCK out of their system while they're still new. ;)

It doesn't mean you can give advice to other people about looking at the levels to see what diffferent theme of level looks like e.g. thunder citadel theme, outside, it's stormy, the inside with rooms, tables, stuff like that. I've been mapping more longer then you think I have, and I know something, I'll damn well say it. Do you really honestly think I'm that stupid to come up with ideas like that?, it was a point of advice, and kinda ideas at the same time. :/

Hannyness said:
[quote="hannyness] That was a joke.

That was in purple. XD I don't really think you're all prats.

Well this place isn't really a chat place to have a laugh (some things yes, but you should get my point). IRC is mainly used for that stuff.

Great! I'm not allowed to crack a bloody joke now, eh? Oh, everyone is allowed to flame, criticize, and **** Don't evade the curse filter - Sonict flame again, and then when I try and lighten the mood, I get packed off somewhere else! Maybe it's best if I staple my lips together to prevent my smiling. You know, just to please you lot of math teachers. And that was not a joke, kthxbi. Please excuse my curse, but you need some sense drilling into you! [/rant]

Thank you for your comments.

Hannyness said:
Great! I'm not allowed to crack a bloody joke now, eh? Oh, everyone is allowed to flame, criticize, and **** flame again, and then when I try and lighten the mood, I get packed off somewhere else! Maybe it's best if I staple my lips together to prevent my smiling. You know, just to please you lot of math teachers. And that was not a joke, kthxbi. Please excuse my curse, but you need some sense drilling into you! [/rant]

Thank you for your comments.

Nobody flamed you. If they did, I would have banned them on the spot. They give you criticism and you aren't accepting it and moving on. You are throwing it away.

This topic might as well be locked since it has served its purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back