Cannot Host a SRB2Kart Game

Key4427

After reading many, if not all, of the guides that I could find on the internet, I still haven't figured out how to host a game for me and my friends to play.
I have done the following:
  1. Added an inbound rule to my firewall for the UDP port 5029.
  2. Added to my Gateway's Firewall a "Virtual Server/Port Forwarding" for the inbound ports 5029-5029, UDP, local port 5029-5029 with the IPv4 address of my computer (192.168.0.5).
  3. Added to my Gateway's Firewall a "Port Trigger" for the inbound ports 5029-5029, UDP and local port 5029-5029.
  4. Enabled DMZ settings with the IPv4 address of my computer.
And yet, the master server still tells me that "Server did not respond to the query, either because it has gone offline or the host has not forwarded their ports.".
I've read this tutorial, on the part that says "Check if your IPv4 address is in your DHCP's range." I checked my Gateway's DHCP settings and found out that the range is from 192.168.0.2-254, and the settings are locked, grayed out, for some reason. I bet it has something to do with my ISP laws or whatever. So if push comes to shove, I'll give em a call and ask them about it.
Any idea on how to get over this? What else can I do? Have I forgotten something? Any and all help is appreciated!

You JUST said that it asks you to "Check if your IPv4 address is in your DHCP's range."
Check your IPv4 address!

You JUST said that it asks you to "Check if your IPv4 address is in your DHCP's range."
Check your IPv4 address!

Point two in my lil checklist thing has my IPv4 (0.5). And since the range starts at 0.2, I am tempted to say it is in the range. Any clue on what to do now?

Just gonna drop this handy dandy flowchart here
kartfaqchart.png

Also I recommend asking around Kart Krew's Discord
as some users there can help and offer support

Just gonna drop this handy dandy flowchart here

Thanks for such a handy dandy chart, but I checked all of those steps and yes, I've done all of them without any results.

I'll do as you recommended and join the discord, maybe someone there can help me a bit more. Thanks anyway! :')

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back