Screen gets progressively more fucked the higher your resolution is

Frostiikin

recovering elseif abuser
Judge
unknown.png

...yeah. anything above 1280x800 gets really fucking weird in opengl. I know ogl isn't exactly a "supported' renderer, but at the very least you should make swapping to opengl force you to use 1280x800 or lower until you swap back to software mode.

I'm not getting any issues on my end. What settings are you using exactly?

---------- Post added at 01:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

Actually on closer inspection I might be able to add something to the thread.

I typically run SRB2 in windowed mode; there I experience no problems with OpenGL.

If I use fullscreen, certain portions of the screen will become black depending on the resolution. In normal resolutions, just a small top sliver of the screen is black, whereas certain higher resolutions will cause massive amounts of the right and top of the screen to be cut off.

That...is a bit weird.... It doesn't happen to me
Could it be your monitor or something?

unknown.png

aAZ81C6Q+3XqHzCMobZYyqXnHOJeW7wE7+f3z+0CawznrQMe86BNyPz4PAetttt91222233Xbbbbfddtttt91222233XZb3f4D5wPbOmRk4PgAAAAASUVORK5CYII=

Last edited:
Basically, when you have a higher resolution than your monitor resolution in fullscreen OGL, the screen gets progressively more fucked up up and to the right.

Is it linked with OpenGL not supporting resolution higher than your monitor resolution ?
Basically, when you have a higher resolution than your monitor resolution in fullscreen OGL, the screen gets progressively more fucked up up and to the right.

If this is the case, it was supposedly to be fixed (my bug report from...about 6 years ago): https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=40030

Not sure what happened with that, if it is even the same bug, or a regression.

EDIT: Reading over it again, the initial report that I made doesn't sound like the exact same bug (though the thing about in-game resolution being higher than the desktop resolution is the same), but it's similar to what's being experienced here.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back