Using Mods on Mac

Go to finder and search for "addons". You'll find a folder with the name. Put mods you download in the folder.

The folder is named srb2, and it is located in your home folder. If you need an easy way to get there, press Command-Shift-G in Finder and enter "~/srb2".

It took me awhile to find it too since the Mac OS hides the hard drive in Finder for some reason.

The pathway is:
Macintosh HD > Users > yourname > srb2 > addons

pk3s & wads work for me, but I haven't been able to successfully add on other file formats (like the Jeck Jims models)

Oh also you might need to go to Data Settings (in the SRB2 options) and change the folder location to "Home" ... once I did that then they were showing up in the game Addons menu.

Last edited:
I haven't been able to successfully add on other file formats (like the Jeck Jims models)

Models currently require the game to be launched with the OpenGL renderer. To do this, open Terminal and enter "open /Applications/Sonic\ Robo\ Blast\ 2.app --args -opengl", then turn models on by opening the console and entering "models on". In version 2.2.0, models frequently glitch visually, so you may prefer running the Windows version of a more current release in Wine or joining our Discord server and @'ing me to be added to our private Mac testing channel.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back