The Conduit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibs

Just Someone
I'm somewhat surprised I didn't make a topic about this earlier.

http://wii.ign.com/objects/142/14248157.html

The Conduit is a rather hyped FPS for the Wii. The game boasts a deep level of tweakable controls and an extensive multiplayer mode, as well as being the first Wii game involving strategic team play to use Wii Speak.

Another reason for it's large hype come from the visuals, which are produced by High Voltage Studios Quantum3 engine for the Wii. Essentially, it looks somewhere between a low to mid end 360 game. The framerate isn't too terribly stable in intense MP matches, but other than that, it's perfectly fine.

The story involves some generic sci-fi government conspiracy plot involving aliens taking over Washington D.C or some shit like that. No one really cares, as the SP campaign is one of the few things about this games that really sucks, as the story is generic and boring and the levels are rather linear and lack replay value.

Aside from that, I'd say this is the best multiplayer experience I've had on the Wii. It wouldn't be anything new on the 360 or PS3, but it's definitely something refreshing for Wii owners who have been wanting hardcore content.

Bigboi said:
It's quite honestly the most generic game I've ever seen.

This is quite honestly the most biased comment I've ever seen. It looks really amazing, the idea is solid, and it's the only good shooter I've seen on the wii since MP3:C.

I thought this game was great from the commercials. The fact that you can use Wii Speak for it makes it even better.

Now all Nintendo has to do is convince Microsoft to finish the Halo DS game that they apparently didn't finish. (Yes they were in fact making a Halo for the DS, why it was stopped will never be known.)

I'm pretty damned sure that was a hoax. Microsoft? Working with Nintendo? A laughable idea.

Fyrus said:
I'm pretty damned sure that was a hoax. Microsoft? Working with Nintendo? A laughable idea.

Though, Microsoft doesn't have a handheld. And its real competition is the PS3.

And there was a video on youtube with some of the Bungie staff playing the demo of it. I'm not sure if it is still there.

We should get back on the conduit topic though.

Jacy said:
And there was a video on youtube with some of the Bungie staff playing the demo of it. I'm not sure if it is still there.
Just because Bungie makes its primary series for Microsoft consoles means they can't play games on other company's consoles?

Shouldn't you have quoted Fyrus' post. I was saying that it was okay. He was saying it was a laughable idea.

Halo DS was in fact confirmed by Bungie, it was however an un-solicited pitch created by another developer, widely believed to be an internal EA Developer, hence the heavy similarities to the Goldeneye DS game. IGN also published a video of them playing an early version of the game, in which aforementioned similarities can be seen.

Also, this wouldn't be the first time Microsoft has worked with Nintendo as far as the DS is concerned (possibly due to the fact that they have no product to directly compete with the DS), they shared their IP with them for Viva Pianta DS, Rare also worked on Diddy Kong Racing DS, they also had involvement in a number of GBA games (There was an Oddworld game for the GBA developed by Microsoft Game Studios). So yeah, in summary the prospect is far from "laughable".

Also
This is quite honestly the most biased comment I've ever seen. It looks really amazing, the idea is solid, and it's the only good shooter I've seen on the wii since MP3:C.

The fact that it's a good shooter and a solid idea doesn't change the fact that it's incredibly generic (Shady agent goes around fighting of an alien invasion with outlandish weapons whilst solving a Government Conspiracy), if not for the fact that it's a Wii release I can gurantee you no one would give a crap about it. Calling BB's comment biased is more than a little ironic to be honest.

I'm generally not a fan of the First-Person Shooter genre, so I tend to steer clear of the games unless I see one that promises to deliver a fresh experience. While this game has been highly anticipated, it has been anticipated as a filling out of the FPS genre on the Wii rather than for any revolutionary features. The reason I own the Wii is to take advantage of these more unique concepts instead of choosing from a ton of games that look quite indistinguishable.

Therefore, I think I'm going to pass on this game, as there are other more unconventional games out there like "Let's Tap" that I would rather try out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back