About SRB2.org's downtime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Warrior said:
The current reason for the downtime is not because the bill for the server hasn't been payed, but because the people running the server haven't taken the payment out. I believe, though I could be mistaken, that this is the reason that it was down last time, to. Logan would be able to tell you definitely if that's what happened.

Learn to read, guys... :<

GemEarthBrandon said:
Well, I get paid $800 a week and I think it's very perfect for my age.

I will give them how ever much they need.

I'll have your job please! :)

$800 a week is a lot of money for a high school student (if your profile is truthful =P) so do tell, where does this income originate from?

Cue said:
GemEarthBrandon said:

$800 a week is a lot of money for a high school student (if your profile is truthful =P) so do tell, where does this income originate from?

You mean what do I work as?

GemEarthBrandon said:
Cue said:
GemEarthBrandon said:

You mean what do I work as?
Yup.
I'll bet a lot of us want to know about your high paying job.

GemEarthBrandon said:

They don't need any, though Logan may want to take you up on your offer. The payment is sitting in Paypal and the people running the server aren't taking it out. The money's been paid, just not taken.

So?

So this is supposed to be a backup for the Master Server? Or is this a new Master Server? Or what? I'm confused. Because the Master Server is down.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
If it takes this long to process payments, then we should just go back to Sepwich. We'll have less downtime this way.
It's not even that. It's just that they aren't taking it. As far as I know, the "processing" is a transfer from one Paypal account to another. And that transaction is instantaneous.

Then that means they're externally unreliable, therefore making Sepwich ironically more reliable overall! If the external unreliabilty is more than the other server's internal unreliability, it isn't worth it.

Sorry for being impatient; I just really like working on the Wiki.

SRB2WikiSonicMaster said:
I just really like working on the Wiki.

Me too.

I was thinking on converting SRB2Wiki into PDF file (when coming back, obviously) then I'll have a library in my PC for my studies; very useful while Wiki is down next time. Also, who knows... if someone requests me a copy, I could send him needful pages.

Dark Warrior said:
GemEarthBrandon said:

They don't need any, though Logan may want to take you up on your offer. The payment is sitting in Paypal and the people running the server aren't taking it out. The money's been paid, just not taken.

Thats why it's best to pay with a check, credit card or cash.

RUBIK, that makes no sense. The launcher is a bit of software, completely independent of the internet. It should function perfectly without SRB2.org.

But yeah, this is why we don't put everything onto a brand new server within a few months of purchasing it.

So that's why i can't get onto srb2.org! I thought my browsers were blocking it. Also, the cached pages won't work for me. Niether Txt only or with images.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back