Game Host Failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying to host a game, but it never appears on the list and people can't join it by the ip address. I have opened port 5029. Any tips?

Hmmm I've been thinking about that as well but while trying to join a netgame or host one when I go to host game or join game and press the
enter button The game freezes and crashes weird :?

cdreed3000 said:
I have been trying to host a game, but it never appears on the list and people can't join it by the ip address. I have opened port 5029.
I'm having the same problem. I've attempted to host on the two computers at my host with what I think are the correct settings, but nobody can join it at all. :( Only once, someone's been able to join, and he shortly quit afterwards.

Its just on 1.09.3.4 the current net launcher isn't very compatible, and will cause a SIGSEGV on the joiner.

Although I think Johhny said it was to with OpenGL, he didn't get the error in software mode.

ree-c said:
Its just on 1.09.3.4 the current net launcher isn't very compatible, and will cause a SIGSEGV on the joiner.

Although I think Johhny said it was to with OpenGL, he didn't get the error in software mode.
If that's the problem, then just stop using the launcher and everything should work fine.

Yeah, it's just as easy to use CONNECT in the console.
CONNIECT IP
(Where IP is obviously, the IP address. =P)

Either way, it hasn't worked for me. But now that I think about it, it may have something to do with my port.... >_>

*reads throughout the Port Forward website*

Blue Warrior said:
Either way, it hasn't worked for me. But now that I think about it, it may have something to do with my port.... >_>

*reads throughout the Port Forward website*

Port 5029 on UDP for hosting is a must :)

...Erm... could you rephrase that? :| I don't really know what you're saying....

But, anyway, I think I've almost got this fixed. Now I'm certain the required ports for my host to function successfully are closed to other people. I've got all the information I need to fix that, and the last step is to use my static IP address to change the port settings; however, I don't have the password needed to get into the final step. >_< I'll somehow find/retrieve it and see if it the whole thing works.

Alright. I've gotten into the port forwarding page, put the Customized Application to SRB2, External Ports 5029 to 5029, enabled TCP and UDP protocols, and put the IP to 192.168.1.1, then I enabled Internet Server, and it still doesn't do jack.

Someone help me out over here. I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong.

Blue Warrior said:
Alright. I've gotten into the port forwarding page, put the Customized Application to SRB2, External Ports 5029 to 5029, enabled TCP and UDP protocols, and put the IP to 192.168.1.1, then I enabled Internet Server, and it still doesn't do jack.

Someone help me out over here. I don't have a clue what I'm doing wrong.

Just UDP, not TCP.

Make sure you don't have Windows Firewall or some other firewall program on.
Are you sure 192.168.1.1 is your internal IP address?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back