• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Ok, new question: Is this good for a WAD? File doesn't exist

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icalasari

And I found a topic that said how, and did everything in it, but bringing up the console only brings up the stupid save feature! *Twitches*

EDIT: Nevermind. When I swithced it to F2, I never would have guessed that F2 is supposed to bring up the save menu. *Slapes head* can somebody lock this now?

EDIT 2.0: Well, I have a use for this thread after all.

Save menu? I thought you were trying to add wads.. >_>

Either way, press ~.

Blade the Fox

name = Blade
face =
ability = 2
normalspeed = 32
thrustfactor = 3
accelstart = 192
acceleration = 50
spin = 1
startcolor =
jumpheight = 100
runspeed = 52

I'm good at spriting, yet I can't sprite the base set for the game. So, I'll need somebody to turn this:

bladethefox9ns.png
into a character. Only the right arm has a blade, and the left hand has small Knuckles-like spikes on it.

Nope, you'll have to do that yourself, if someone won't make the character for themself, then why would they do it for someone else?

Anyway, just extract the sprites from the respective .plr files in XWE or something like that.

Now then, I think I should run, because I think SSNtails is hunting me down for mentioning to use XWE >.>'' *runs*

I'd make it for you. Just know that you'd be number 14 on the list and I've been working on number 1 (Zeshiro.wad) for a couple months now. I'm a perfectionist, what can I say.

Wads I'm doing:

1. Zeshiro.wad
2. Ying.wad
3. Cross.wad
4. Dante.wad
5. Chane.wad
6 .Caelyn.wad
7. Dark Zeshiro.wad
8. Rouge.wad
9. Eggman.wad (outside the capsule)
10. Andy.wad
11. Shades.wad
11. Blaze.wad
12. Crysys.wad
13. Seki.wad
14. (If he wants me to) Blade.wad
15. *request*

-_-' Please PM further requests so I can put them in order. Just to let you know ahead of time though, you'll have to wait at least a month from anywhere beyond 15.

-Edit- Make that 1 1/2 months after point 10...O_O

Hell, if you make all the sprites, I'd make a wad in a heart beat! But it's really hard for me to sprite everything. I'm using MSPaint. And don't tell me anything better that I should use! I've been spriting for over a decade! And back in my day we didn't have you fancy shmancy Photo this! And Veiw that! The oldies are the best! 8)

Zeshiro said:
Hell, if you make all the sprites, I'd make a wad in a heart beat! But it's really hard for me to sprite everything. I'm using MSPaint. And don't tell me anything better that I should use! I've been spriting for over a decade! And back in my day we didn't have you fancy shmancy Photo this! And Veiw that! The oldies are the best! 8)

Msapint omfg - I saw your sprites they look awsome. I cant believe you use MSPaint, wow.

Many good spriters use MSpaint. I'm making the actual WAD myself, I just need the sprites.

I'd do the sprites myself, but I don't know how to do 3-D yet, and the characters in the game use 3-D...

MSPaint doesn't even have transparency. It can only show some 20 user-defined colors at once. And you have to enter a clumsy dialog to change the zoom level. How on earth can it be good for any kind of art?

Shadowater said:
Many good spriters use MSpaint. I'm making the actual WAD myself, I just need the sprites.

I'd do the sprites myself, but I don't know how to do 3-D yet, and the characters in the game use 3-D...

It's not really 3-D, it's just a bunch of frames laced together that get shown when you look at it from different angles. So just sprite it from different angles and put them in the appropriate slots when making the wad.

What I mean by 3-D is basically when just one-frame pops out at you. I'm not saying that I'm bad at shading, I'm saying that I'm just bad with this sort of sprite...

Zeshiro said:
Word/Amen/I agree.

Ok, now I'm pissed off. I tried testing the stuff for Blade with another character by replacing some of the information (I guess using a Shadow WAD wasn't a bright idea), and I just can't figure out what to do... *Slams head on computer desk multiple times*

I just don't get these editors...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back