• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sinny's MD2 Contest Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sinny33

Sinny the Fennec is my YT
This is basically simpler to Chrispy's SRB2 Kart Character Contest but this one focuses on MD2s and on all assests on Vanilla SRB2.

The Score will be focused on 3 factors. Character Model, Animations and Wad/Pk.3 Support. All are 5 points each. The total amount you can get is 15.

The Basic Rules:

Your MD2s can be done in a Classic or Modern but must be Highpoly Md2s and must work with Jeck Jims existing ones.

Your MD2 must be the same character in the Wad/Pk.3 that you're using. (No putting Bean into Jet basically.)

The MD2 you make must have a blend

NO incomplete MD2s

You can collab with others on this

The Models can be from existing games but have to be edited to fix either Classic or Modern Sonic Character Style (if there are no models of that character)

Mario Characters are ok.

SRB2 Kart MD2s are allowed.

Have fun with this.

Deadline is TBA

Last edited:
once you finish your model(s) for the contest can you please send them here as a quick example? i wanna make sure i don't mess up anything haha, wouldn't wanna post something silly on the mb

Do you have any expertise in modeling to be hosting a contest on models and acting as the judge? It's important to note that Chrispy's content pack is not a contest in the slightest, just that: a pack, and the objective is getting constructive critique out of it, so there's no competitive nature about it. This being the complete opposite, not having any sort of prizes involved and also being restricted to a category of MD2s of your personal preference makes it pretty questionable.

Last edited:
Yeah, you are not doing this.

Chrispy's pack was started to encourage users to create and share their own personal work in a package that would be more enticing for servers to run, as well as be evaluated by a known artist in the community, and the actual contest part is pretty secondary to all of that.

Meanwhile, this "contest" is just an excuse to get a bunch of people to do work for you. There is little reason to do this contest as opposed to creating the content for themselves. I'm stopping this now before it gets out of hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back