A Family Guy and The Simpsons crossover is coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlasterGuy

A.K.A. TheSonicMaster580
Hey guys! I got some totally awesome news to tell you. On Sunday, September 28, 2014, there's going to be a Family Guy and The Simpsons crossover episode and it's going to be pretty darn epic and I bet a lot of you (especially the ones who are fans of Family Guy and The Simpsons) are going to love it a lot and it's going to be great.

People still watch these shows?

I thought they already did a crossover, although I guess I could be mistaken.

I'm glad that you provided a source.

Also I don't care about either show and I ditched cable for Netflix a long time ago, so I'm probably never going to watch it ever.

So the thing that stopped being good years ago and the thing that was never good are finally doing the crossover they should have done already.

Eh.

Ukinojoe already did an animation about it and uploaded it to youtube two weeks ago, and it's surely better than whatever FOX is going to air this Sunday.

http://youtu.be/34Rk_DC3B9c

Simpsons was brilliant for at least the first six or so seasons, but definitely by the time they hit season 9, the show was no longer worth following. I have even less interest in Family Guy, which I really only liked during the first and maybe second season.

^ That's pretty much my opinion of both shows, once awesome but now rather desperate dinosaurs. The ratings grab attempted by Brain's death was especially bad.

It's always kind of embarrassing when two franchises that are passed their primes crossover in an attempt to stay relevant. Didn't the Flintstones and the Jetsons do the same thing in the Nineties or something?

Now! I really love The Simpsons because it's funny, awesome, and great. And it's my favorite cartoon of all time. However, I know there are some shitty episodes of The Simpsons out there but what we would do is just stay away from them and watch good episodes of The Simpsons instead.

Now! I really love The Simpsons because it's funny, awesome, and great. And it's my favorite cartoon of all time. However, I know there are some shitty episodes of The Simpsons out there but what we would do is just stay away from them and watch good episodes of The Simpsons instead.

Oh, of course the Simpsons was amazing for many years. I still count it as one of my favorite American cartoons; I just don't watch it anymore. I'm reminded me of this part of the "Dead Homer Society Manifesto":

"Seasons 1-6 – The Simpsons
Season 7 – One Bad Episode
Seasons 8-11 – Mayday, Mayday, we’re going down!
Season 12+ – Zombie Simpsons. It has no pulse and no intelligence but it just won’t fucking die."

The whole of the "Zombie Simpsons" book is really interesting, if not a bit overblown. The whole thing can be found here for free, on the official website.

^ That's pretty much my opinion of both shows, once awesome but now rather desperate dinosaurs. The ratings grab attempted by Brain's death was especially bad.

Oh god, yeah. I didn't even watch that but I could already tell that he was just going to come back one way or another at some point. It's like when super heroes die... it's an attempt to garner interest but I feel like there isn't a fucking point when it's so obvious they'll be revived at some point.

Hey guys! I got some totally awesome news to tell you. On Sunday, September 28, 2014, there's going to be a Family Guy and The Simpsons crossover episode and it's going to be pretty darn epic and I bet a lot of you (especially the ones who are fans of Family Guy and The Simpsons) are going to love it a lot and it's going to be great.

Seconded. I can take or leave The Simpsons these days but I still get a huge laugh out of Family Guy and I'm one of the fanbase who has been waiting years for this to happen.

I have even less interest in Family Guy, which I really only liked during the first and maybe second season.
Are you kidding? Those were the worst seasons! Up until the third season or so, Family Guy was an embarrassingly transparent ripoff of The Simpsons. And even then it took another two seasons for it to become truly original and funny on its own merits. I'd say seasons five through eight were the best, but I still love the newest seasons too.

Last edited:
Alright guys, tomorrow is sunday and that means tomorrow is the day that we see The Simpsons and Family Guy crossover.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back