SRB2CB - Community Build (Final 1.09.4 Version!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
On another note, he didn't just cure world hunger guys, it's a couple of OGL fixes, not the resurrection of Jesus Christ or something.

Who would've known you'd get this far.
Nice job, dude.

I did, for one. I've been saying that Kalaron was doing awesome things with OpenGL since the first release of Dash's World where he introduced a fixed Armageddon shield/teleport flash.

But even I didn't expect him to return to SRB2 and do this! I eagerly await your finished code, Dashfox.

I did, for one. I've been saying that Kalaron was doing awesome things with OpenGL since the first release of Dash's World where he introduced a fixed Armageddon shield/teleport flash.

But even I didn't expect him to return to SRB2 and do this! I eagerly await your finished code, Dashfox.
Same thing. But let's sit here and wait.

The elephant in the room is... can you draw non-square > 4 verts polyobject tops?

It also looks like you're playing with world-level GL lighting in some of the shots. I'm not sure if that's a good idea.

If you don't want to share, whatever. The changes you made aren't really big doings, and STJr can probably get it done themselves.

Behold, I fixed the fence and spikes by commenting out 4 lines of code. I am amazing! </sarcasm>

Last edited:
This project probably will stay dead, although I wonder about that new project I saw on the SVN called "cineblast." I actually made some "impossible" progress on SRB2 in general, especially with its OpenGL renderer, I don't think I'm going to restart SRB2CB, though it would be cool if I ever see anyone else code these kinds of features/fixes, but then again, except for those awesome MD2 improvements SSN made, I doubt it.

*pictoral awesomesauce*

Yes, I am just teasing you, but all these screenshots are real. Thanks so much for an awesome engine to play with, STJr.!
Words can not describe how awesome that is. World hunger cure or not, I have been absolutely longing to be able to play SRB2 in full with OpenGL. It just works so much better as a rendering device on all my machines.

If you don't want to share, whatever. The changes you made aren't really big doings, and STJr can probably get it done themselves.

Behold, I fixed the fence and spikes by commenting out 4 lines of code. I am amazing! </sarcasm>

What makes you think he isn't going to? And please, try to keep it civil.

Ah, so I see there is more than meets the eye. Kalaron, what do you plan to do with the OpenGL improvements shown? I realize there may be some bad blood here, but I think SRB2 could really, really benefit from your talents, as axed OpenGL support (though understandable, considering the time that would go into it) was one of my biggest issues with 2.0 - and I'm sure others feel the same. Being able to play SRB2 in full with OpenGL would increase my enjoyment of it tenfold.

If all that was just over 4 lines of code, then why didn't STJr do it themselves then?.

If all that was just over 4 lines of code, then why didn't STJr do it themselves then?.

Because we haven't put any time aside to do so. You know, trying to work on releasing a game that plays well and all that.

Commenting out 4 lines of code is REALLY time consuming? :P
Edit: Why isn't Kalaron part of the team? Don't you think that instead of having
STJR - Open-GL ISSUES
And Kalaron - Open-GL Fixed community build

we could just make ONE official fixed version? O_o

Last edited:
There is a little thing called sarcasm. Anyway, he is saying that there should be proper implication of stuff instead of commenting out some code (which he only did for the Armageddon flash in OpenGL if I recall correctly).

I believe Alam is allowing him to use the SVN, so any of the code savvy devs can look at it.

Because he never does?
I don't know what you're referring to, SRB2CB 1.09's source code is still on the SVN, even if it was sarcasm, I still don't get your point.

SSNTails said:
The elephant in the room is... can you draw non-square > 4 verts polyobject tops?
No, but I guess there's more too it than I thought if you mentioned it.

SSNTails said:

I didn't intend to imply anything in my post about me not ever releasing the code someday. I never thought that STJr couldn't fix it, but it's just been so long, and with the whole "OpenGL unsupported" thing, I figured it would be a while before you all got to finishing the renderer, if you guys ever decided to.

Last edited:
There is a little thing called sarcasm. Anyway, he is saying that there should be proper implication of stuff instead of commenting out some code (which he only did for the Armageddon flash in OpenGL if I recall correctly).

I believe Alam is allowing him to use the SVN, so any of the code savvy devs can look at it.

I wish I could insert Mystic's post that it is more serious around here. :p

It's not a matter of having the time to comment out 4 lines, Autosaver, do you not think we would have done it quite easily in passing if we knew the exact 4 lines to comment out?

Exactly.

Actually, I did know.

It was my intention with 2.0 to phase out the GL renderer though, so I didn't bother.

And sorry, Kalaron, I guess I'm remembering some things wrong. When you get old and retire the mind starts to go.
But yes, doing non-square polyobject tops that are not the same size as the texture is going to require some work - you'll need to properly generate the texture coordinates. This might be in the game code somewhere else although you'll need to utilize the polyobject's bottom left vertex as the origin instead of 0,0.

Last edited:
Yes, actually, because porting the OpenGL changes to the svn is much, much, much more time consuming than I thought, and I honestly do not have the time anymore, I'd expect you'll just see a few very minor code releases on the SVN for OpenGL, but I'd say for sure nothing will be starting back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back