• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

ACZCMFZ Level pack:(Work in progress)Alpha is here!!

So what do you think of the Alpha?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, no. You can draw a big square around your level for a thok barrier. Then, after you're done shaping your level, you can create new nodes on the thok barrier's linedefs so that you can shape it around the level. I find this to be a much quicker way to build when I'm in the process of expanding my level.

In the future, I suggest starting with a gigantic square as the first sector in your stage, as it's easier to just make the stage with the thok barrier already in place.

Release date extended.

Sorry, but do to glitches I will release this level as a double level pack, it will have two levels, more details coming soon, an alpha will be released once it's possible to do so. If anyone has advice how to get a level from doombuilder to here please let me know.

Edit: Also Act.1 Will not have a thok barrier since it is practically impossible to put one on, sorry but that is one glitch that is unfixable, it really is.

I may able to fix up act 1 of this, by putting in a thok barrier. If you want, I cna replace the AFALL textures with a diffent texture.

A seriously long delay.

Due to a bit of a mystery with my version of srb2, i deleted my srb2 launcher, as well as srb2 win and doombuilder, so any work on my double level pack is stopped, i did keep a copy of my level project intact, and if I don't continue with this project and level making in general, I still need help with getting the file from doombuilder to sendspace, so you can play the alpha, if i decide to quit. To find out more about editing and the mystery of my srb2 version see my topics in suggestions and help. Sorry for the delay.

Edit: Mystery solved, still need help releasing the alpha version, since act 1 which is essentially the entire first level, and act 2 which is mostly the bossfight is done. The music isn't changed, and neather are the level headers, another problem I am having. So i could still use the help. Oh I also need to redownload XWE.

Closer to release.

I got everything back, and learned XWE by myself, and the wiki, and the level works on my launcher, so I will release an Alpha, this is what it will contain.

Altered canyon zone: The full first level with no thok barrier though.
Altered canyon boss: The boss fight for it.
ACZ-CMFZ Path: The path to the second level, incomplete.
Cold Metal Factory Zone: This may not be in there, too lazy to check, a demo, really imcomplete, just an overview.

There may not be a beta, but the final might fix some bugs, and obviously have finished levels in it.

Level progression.

Main zone->Boss->Path to next level->Main zone

Mainzone: A huge level, really long 2 acts worth of level in one humongous level, with a midway terminal which is sortoff like what would be the act divider.
Boss: Path to the boss, and the bossfight.
Path to next level: Staightaway to the next level, for the most part.

Well that is all prepare for an srb2 forum demo soon.

Okay, I see your problems, and I'm willing to fix some of them for you.

1. Death pits are waaaaaaaaay too deep.
2. First Level has no Thok Barrier.
3. First level is rather hard. Turrets and Detons should not be used until later on in the game.
4. First level is rather cramped.
5. It takes too long to get to the boss.
6. Too many armaggedon shields in the boss arena.
7. No rings on the path to the boss.
8. The path to Cold Metal Factory Zone is waaay too short.
And finally...
9. Spring, cliff, spring, cliff, spring, cliff, spring, cliff, spring, enemies on cliff.

And now, let's look at the good parts.

1. Interesting level design. Minus the huge amount of springs and cliffs, you could be going somewhere.
2. A couple slopes.
3. You gave me an idea for a new boss for that Cold Metal Factory of yours with all those Armaggedon Shields.
4. No missing textures. AFALLs can be used well in certain situations, but you have used them a bit too much. Might I suggest using them near the death pits and turning the water to acid textures?
5. Water has been used WITH AN ATTEMPTED COLOURMAP! However, said colormap fills the room. Tag it to the water control sector itself, not the sector the water's in.

The thing with the diagonal springs taking you to the two red ones is annoying. Put just normal springs there.

I fixed a few things for you.

1. First level has a Thok Barrier.
2. First level slightly reworked with slightly less enemies and less small spaces. I left some AFALL in just because you seem to like it, but got rid of most of it.
3. Boss arena changed. No longer are there seven Armaggedon Shields in there.

The Slightly Fixed Version (LINK!)

Boinciel said:
I fixed a few things for you.

1. First level has a Thok Barrier.
2. First level slightly reworked with slightly less enemies and less small spaces. I left some AFALL in just because you seem to like it, but got rid of most of it.
3. Boss arena changed. No longer are there seven Armaggedon Shields in there.

The Slightly Fixed Version (LINK!)

Thanks, i guess, some thinks were intentional, the first boss is intended to be easy, it's just the first level, but I kinda see your point, with a lot of things, thanks for the feedback, again this is an IMCOMPLETE version, that includes the path to the next level, but thanks. Prepare for a beta release of a final release soon, depends on how fast I can make the levels.

Edit: To boinciel, I saw, I played, I deleted, saw some intresting mods, but still some thinks that you fixed, did alter the canyon just a bit too much *lame pun* and thus I won't use yours in the final, but I learned some repair techniques, and other things in the process, so maybe I will make some minor repairs before the final.

Well look what I found...

LEVEL 1

Hello REDWALL.

Even more REDWALL.

Does this floor really need a water texture?

That's a DEATH PIT, but why does it have a water texture? You could of added PIT texture, that would make it a pit.

LEVEL 2

AFALL misplaced. *Other AFALLS were OK, they were leading to a ACID LIKE WATER,which was OK for me.(Water texture again?)

AFALLs were all leading to a ACID WATER PIT, but seems there are 3 missing.*Notice how there is 1 above a small hole?*

LEVEL 3

Is this MAP still be worked on? If not, there is another misplaced AFALL.

If you want, I'll put in some texures that belong where they go.

SonicX8000 said:
Well look what I found...

LEVEL 1

Hello REDWALL.

Even more REDWALL.

Does this floor really need a water texture?

That's a DEATH PIT, but why does it have a water texture? You could of added PIT texture, that would make it a pit.

LEVEL 2

AFALL misplaced. *Other AFALLS were OK, they were leading to a ACID LIKE WATER,which was OK for me.(Water texture again?)

AFALLs were all leading to a ACID WATER PIT, but seems there are 3 missing.*Notice how there is 1 above a small hole?*

LEVEL 3

Is this MAP still be worked on? If not, there is another misplaced AFALL.

If you want, I'll put in some texures that belong where they go.

This is not my version of the level, this is boinciels.

SonicX8000 said:
Oops...

Well, in case you want to use his link of the fixed one.

Edit: No problem, a few questions though.
A: How did you take those screenshots so well.
B: Any idea how to get my levels on the level select, with pictures.
C: Method to fix colormaps like boinciel mentioned above, in the original there is a blue cave, originally the water filling the cave was only supposed to be blue, it's now kinda cool, but anyway I have the same problem in cmfz, could you tell me step by step.

Currently: The color map, and water control sectors both have action and linedef sector tags set to 2, and the sector the waters in action tag is set to 2. And I still have blue metal walls.

Also do you know how to make underground areas?

I bring BAD NEWS.

This may be in you file and the fixed up one.

You have 6 unclosed sectors, which are bad as it can make the map a little buggy.

Also for the screenie, just type BIND *key* SCREENSHOT.

UNDERGROUND AREAS

Move the sector down, and make sure you got a path of it.

HOW TO GET THEM ON LEVEL SELCET

Just make sure when making the Level headers witrh SOCedit, make sure you DON'T check the box that says *Dont' show this level on level selcet.* Otherwise, it won't show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back