Favorite Game?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Missed this post, I think I'll work on it a tad.

Ruff N' Tumble (Amiga) - I never had an Amiga, it was more of a British thing, but I picked up a good emulator for it. It's kind of hard to describe this game, maybe sort of like Contra crossed with Mario? It's also a really damn tough game, but it never really feels unfair. A fan is working on a remake, hopefully it'll be done soon so you kiddies can try it for yourselves.

The Punisher (Arcade) - This is a beat-em-up that plays like most of Capcom's other games in that style, but it's one of my favorites. There's a good bit of moves, tons of weapons to use, including quite a few guns, and it doesn't wear on you by the end like a lot of beat-em-ups do.

God Hand (PS2) - A lot of people might have heard of this game, but if you haven't... I don't know how well I could describe it without you actually seeing it in motion. Basically, you're a man with the arm of a god, and you will use this arm to beat 7 kinds of excrement out of enemies in a variety of ways. It's a a tough game, so you'll just as likely be the beatee. Text can't do this game justice, so:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vC2MvIC4j6E

Noitu Love 2 (PC) - This game is just about literally perfect. Aside from the fact it ends too fast, and there's no way to enjoy its awesome boss fights whenever you want, I can think of not think of any flaw for this game. It's got great spritework, gameplay that's up there with Treasure's best, and like I said, AWESOME boss fights. It's $10, but it's seriously worth your money.

Timesplitters: Future Perfect (360/PS3/XBOX) **** your Halo, THIS is THE console FPS. A funny plot, a lot of weapon variety with weapons from different time periods (the flare gun is especially awesome), the ability to make your own maps for multiplayer AND singleplayer, and a lot of fun minigames.

PS1:
Spyro The Dragon
Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped!
Final Fantasy VII
Brave Fencer Musashi
Ape Escape

N64:
Super Mario 64
Pokemon Stadium 2
Pokemon Snap
Super Smash Brothers
Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

GAME BOY / COLOR:
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Poke'mon Yellow
Poke'mon Crystal
Poke'mon Pinball
Legen of Zelda Links Awakening DX

GAME BOY ADVANCED:
Poke'mon Emerald
Poke'mon Leaf Green
Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories
Poke'mon Pinball: Ruby & Sapphire
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga

PLAY STATION PROTABLE
Daxter
Bleach: Heat the soul 6
Dissidia: Final Fantasy
Street Fighter ALPHA 3 MAX
Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep

PLAY STATION 2:
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts II
Dragonball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2
Devil May Cry

NINTENDO GAME CUBE
Sonic Adventure DX: Directors Cut
Sonic Adventure 2: Battle
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Time Splitters 2
Naruto: Clash of Ninja 4

MICROSOFT XBOX
Halo 1
Halo 2
Conker: Reloaded
Jet Set Radio Future
DOOM 3

NINTENDO WII
Wii Sports
Sonic and the secret Rings
Sonic and the Black Knight
Super Smash Brothers BRAWL
New Super Mario Brothers Wii

Personal Computer:
Sonic Robo Blast 2
DOOM
DOOM 2
Team Fortress 2
Emulators, maybe one of yours?

Nintendo DS:
Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days
Poke'mon Platinum
Poke'mon Soul Silver
New Super Mario Brothers
Big Brain Academy

That's basically it for now, but maybe it will change, who knows?

Hm. Not sure... Probably:
Drawn to Life: The Next Chapter
and Mario and Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games.

NiGHTS into dreams
Sonic Adventure 2 Battle
Doom
Wolfenstein 3D
Earthbound
Super Mario RPG
Megaman 2
Contra
Super Smash brothers Brawl
Virtua Fighter 2
Sonic R
Daytona USA
and of course, Sonic Robo Blast 2.

Last edited:
Spyro the Dragon 1 and NiGHTS into dreams are tied for #1 for me.
Those games are just both... magical. I don't know how else to describe it personally. Maybe they're both absolutely dreamlike. Colors are beautiful and the both soundtracks are at the top of my gaming music list.

Under those two...
Dance ManiaX is WAY more fun that DDR, and I love playing it.
Yume Nikki is insanely frightening, ambient and fun to explore when you have nothing else to do. Secrets are still being found by players too. Plus, it's free.
Puyo Puyo is seriously addicting. Love it to bits. Especially the classic ones.
And Parappa the Rapper~ This is really the only rap I like... =w= The games fun once you get good with the rhythm~

EDIT: WAT How can I forget Space Channel 5?

Last edited:
OFFICIAL GAME: Super Smash Bros Brawl
FANGAME: Sonic Robo Blast 2, although there are some others that come close.

So, I replayed a couple of classics over holiday break...

Golden Sun and Golden Sun: The Lost Age - I include these two games together because they share such similar game mechanics. Beautiful, lush graphics, some damn memorable tunes, and a rich storyline which, for all the fantasy involved, reflects the real world in that the lines between protagonists and antagonists is unclear throughout the course of the series. The dungeons are extremely satisfying to explore, and yet are not unfairly labyrinthian (with the possible exception of Air's Rock). And then there's a lot of great optional content (which often involves unabrasive backtracking) in both games.

Sadly, the worst aspect of this otherwise fine RGP series is the battle system. Maybe I'm not playing it right, but once you collect enough djinni, all random monster encounters and 90% of the bosses are piss easy (though the original Golden Sun does a decent job of upping the difficulty near the end). The rest are utterly unfair unless you're willing to use all your djinni on massive summons that will leave your party helpless afterwards. The only boss I can think of that really requires solid tactics is the Star Magician. And except for healing spells, using psynergy and most weapons are practically a waste of time.

Last edited:
i have to tell you, i almost have an endless list as in endless, like 500, but i'll narrow down to my top 3:
1. ::Sonic 2:: Reason: I grew up with it, and loved it forever!
2. ::Super Smash Bros Brawl:: Reason: Its just plain awesome, don't own it yet, but played it at friends house
3. ::Sonic DX:: Reason: its so fun and long that it never seems to get boring... ^_^

My absolute favorite game is MOTHER3.
A. The amazing story. It's funny, yet it tugs at your heartstrings. It actually made me cry, but not until the end. "No crying until the end."

B. The game play is miles above it's predecessors. The menus are a bit easier to navigate, the combo system is really stable and it's easy to use as it goes along with the music in the background, and you can RUN in the overworld.

It's a Japanese release, but a team of people have translated it and released a patch for it, so you have no excuse to not play it.

Edit: I forgot to mention that music is possibly some of the best I have heard.

Last edited:
My favorite game of all is Sonic the hedgehog 3. For some reason, I would most likely play older games then new ones. So Sonic3 is my favorite because the equally easy and challenging levels. Also the fact that you can connect Sonic3 and Sonic & Knuckles together for Sonic the hedgehog 3 & Knuckles. My favorite new game is Super Smash Bros. Brawl. The graphics and the well done textures are amazing. With the ability to play older games on SSBB, no wonder it made hits from 2007-2009. Inferno Out!

My favourites are:
1. Sims 3
2. Rollercoaster Tycoon 3
3. Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
4. The Sims (PC)
5. Simscity 4 Deluxe
6. Sonic Adventure 2 (Dreamcast)
7. Sonic Next-Gen
8. Sonic Unleashed (360/PS3 version)
9. Sonic 3 & Knuckles
10. Shadow The Hedgehog (I have so many memories from playing it.....)

I would have put Sonic Robo Blast 2 on my list but I am just having so much trouble with it lately.... -_-

Anybody else remember a game called DROD (Deadly Rooms of Death)? The puzzle game released way back in the day (I'm talkin' Windows 95 and 98, people), where you controled an ugly swordsman who hacked cockroaches in sprawling dungeons? Gad, I loved that game.

Also, I'm rediscovering the Exile RPG series (or more specifically, the excellent Exile 3), another childhood favorite of mine, in the form of the Avernum remakes. The length and depth of the original Exile series is there, which I appreciate, but the isometric view is frustrating at times.

But more fav's from me

Soul Calibur 2, and 3 - Both very fun games to play, especially for that fighting fan.
TEKKEN 5 - Good story, fun features, good game
TEKKEN TAG - TEKKEN 1, 2, and 3 bunched up into 1 game? Very Pleased.
GTA: San Andreas - Fun game wether you're a gangsta type of person or not, but a great buy, and worth your time.
Jak II - A fun smack in the face to the jak series and the best of all of them.
Naruto Clash of ninja 2 - It isn't clash of ninja 4, but pick it up if you're a fan.
Naruto; Ultimate Ninja 3 - Like 2, except EVERYTHING is improved. Money is an easier grab, character rosters don't disappoint, fun story.
Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories - If you have the Game Boy Port, get this too, because this should have been the original chain of memories.
Dragonball z Budokai - Not big on features, but the story is great.
Dragonball z Budokai 2 - Bad story, but in - game fusion is a nice little feature.
Power Stone Collection - Both Power Stone Games? On the Psp? Sold!
Final Fantasy X - A fun romp in the final fantasy universe, really worth your money.
Dead or alive 3 - An xbox launch game that is famous for great graphics and great ladies. Don't look at me like that, Isn't that like 95% of Dead Or Alive's purpose?
Klonoa: Door Into Phantomile - A game that has extraordinary cutscenes for the ps1, but its gameplay alltogether is nothing that impressive for graphics, its inventive.
Pa Rappa The Rapper - A fun Ps1/PSP game that involves song and button mashing, pick it up if you can.
Viewtiful Joe - A fun little spoof on the movie business, but a very invetive platformer as well?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back