Is this game SUPPOSED to be this slippery?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah fuck you too you insufferable twat.

Anyway, real talk, I know it's an engine limitation but the lack of slopes is making this game feel really bizarre. I recently bought the SEGA pack on Steam that has Generations along with 1, 2, 3&K, and CD, and honestly while this game is fun and definitely well-made...it can't hold a candle to any of those 5. Especially the four Genesis ones.

I don't care what you guys say: Sonic in the genesis games was never as slippery as he was in this game. I've been playing through 3&K and 2 and in both I feel far more in control than in this. Not to say that this game is uncontrollable, but every time I do some platforming in it I'm always slightly unsure of what the hell will happen.

Oh, and about the "HURR this game is a momentum game like the classics HURR" stuff: in the classics Sonic does continue running if you let go but the deceleration is a lot more in this game. Yes, some modern Sonics go too far in the other direction (Modern Sonic in Generations is nearly perfect but he stops far too quickly when you let go) but you guys basically took Sonic gameplay and exaggerated everything about it into some weird-ass caricature.

Not even going to get into how the level design of this game is, to put it in the words of a Sonic Retro member, "labyrinthine at BEST".

Don't get me wrong, this game is definitely fun to play, but it can't hold a candle to the Genesis games it purports to imitate.

Don't get all bitchy with me just because you aren't good at this game.
Now, I know that may sound mean, but it's actually true. Nobody else is complaining about this stuff. We all like the game.
Personally I think the level design is just fine, and Sonic's play style is very tight.
And this isn't supposed to be exactly like the genesis games. It's made in the style of them, but I'm going to tell it to you straight: this is not a genesis Sonic game.

Last edited:
I love how you hate the game because it's not the genesis games, and nothing else about the matter.

Then what the fuck is it trying to emulate then?

Gotta love how you have to gang up on me because you're that butthurt AND tribalistic.

wow, troll just became immediately obvious lmao

run along, kid

When you've reduced yourself to calling someone a troll solely because your feelings got hurt, you have lost the argument.

I knew you people would get immensely butthurt because I dared to criticize your precious baby.

You're not criticizing it at this point; you're baselessly insulting it and trying to hold it to expectations it was never trying to achieve.

When the game tries to emulate Genesis gameplay

oprahlaughin.gif

Like being 3D and flat

It's not trying to emulate anything, the style was based off the classics.

When you've reduced yourself to calling someone a troll solely because your feelings got hurt, you have lost the argument.

When you reduce yourself to blaming your own personal issues with getting used to playing a game on other people's feelings, you realize this shouldn't have been an argument in the first place.

You're not criticizing it at this point; you're baselessly insulting it and trying to hold it to expectations it was never trying to achieve.

trying to hold it to expectations it was never trying to achieve

So saith the front page of the main website:

SRB2 is closely inspired by the original Sonic games from the Sega Genesis, and attempts to recreate the design in 3D

I like how you literally said "STOP HOLDING IT TO HIGH STANDARDS" because you have nothing else to stand on.

You're the only one here getting obviously angry. You don't seem to even be putting much thought into this.

This guy shouldn't even be taken seriously anymore.
My sides just rocketed to the moon and back.

EDIT: SRB2 is closely inspired by the original Sonic games from the Sega Genesis, and attempts to recreate the design in 3D

"CLOSELY INSPIRED"
"RECREATE"

a.k.a not a genesis game.

On the contrary, I think you're fucking hilarious.

For the record, I actually sided with you earlier in this thread. Now that you're just having a fit though, I can't really take you seriously.

So saith the front page of the main website:

SRB2 is closely inspired by the original Sonic games from the Sega Genesis, and attempts to recreate the design in 3D

You take those things seriously, that's been there forever

I guess Retro must be second to SEGA too, right? :V

I like how you guys are basically just losing it and going "OH GOD SOMEONE HAS A DIFFERENT OPINION THAN ME THAT MAKES ME VERY ANGRY".

As amazing as it may seem, people are not obligated to like things solely because you like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back