Level Header Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic260

The Elementor
I followed everything the wiki said. After saving the txt as mapxxd.txt, then putting it into SlumpEd and saving everything, when I try to start the level, I either get a SIG;SEV or it'll say that the WAD is corrupt or invalid. What's going on here?

Did you actually save it as mapxxd.txt or did you use the number of your map for the xx? Also make sure you have the lump in uppercase letters, it won't work if you save it in lowercase. Since SLumpEd loads wads as all uppercase, just open it and save it if that is your problem.

Try this: Go to a different wad get its MAINCFG copy it to your wad, and edit to your hearts content.

You can use it even when you don't need a soc for a level. It will not overwrite data already in place, so if you want no thunderstorm in MAP07 you are going to need to put Weather = 0 in your map header.

The only thing I can think of is that you might have the actual map number and the map number in your level header being different. I might need to see the actual wad to know what is going on if that isn't the case.

So this means that the level header's title has to be MAP01D right?
And I put this in the MAINCFG and I also put MAP01D in SlumpEd correct?

So basically like this. in the MAINCFG you write.

This is an example.

MAINCFG CATEGORY Level Headers

Level 1
Levelname: name of level
Act: if it's a single player act 1,2, or 3 or whatever number digit.
Skynum: 1 for Greenflower zone act 1 sky
NextLevel: 2
Weather: depends what you set it to. 0,1,2 or 3
Musicslot: whatever you choose
TypeofLevel: 4096 for single player stage.

I tried that and it got rid of the corrupt map thing, but it was replaced with the SIG;SEV again. I'm thinking I did something wrong when making the map?

You can edit your previous posts you know. I don't see why you can't just put a link here so we can all try to fix it.

Okay you are going to need to delete the second MAP01D lump. Next you need to move the MAP01 so its right above the Things Lump. It should look exactly like the picture below.

helpqv2.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back