lvlconv.exe problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knux576

Neighborhood Memer
I decided to use lvlconv.exe, but when I start the conversion process, it says 'lumpmod is not an internal or external command' in every paragraph, and the level remains the same. Can someone please help?

You need lumpmod.exe in the same directory, it should have came packaged with lvlconv.exe, but if you don't have it then you can get it here.

Last edited:
Just because you're the creator, that doesn't mean he can't port it. It means he can't release the port.

The lvlconv.exe doesn't port everything. You're going to have to fix the textures and add the things manually. That means re-adding Player Starts, badniks, fixing sector effects.

It ports sector effects, things, linedefs, sidedefs, and so on. pretty much the only things it didn't port was the custom textures (they're awesome, btw)! But the prob is that I cannot run SLADE3. I said why in my above post.

The sector effects are ported but not correctly. I tried porting Sonic Circuit once and it changed all Star Post Activator sectors to an Ice/Sludge and Wind/Current sector. Same goes for things. Try using Doom Builder for the custom textures. Port the custom textures to the new palette and then open up the map and place the textures where they originally were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back