Resource icon

Classic.wad: Classic Physics and Animations Recreated in SRB2! 2.2.3

In the change log, you mentioned scrapping a flight assist because of the new official version making it redundant. But when I use classic.wad, I am not able to use the move. The up icon doesn't even show up. Any idea what is going on there?

How would I apply the "Air Walking" thing on custom characters, or add the custom characters to that part? I tried using Neo Sonic with this, and all but that one part worked.

Actually, it just seems to be Neo Sonic. Silver, Yoshi and Eggpack air-walk when sprung. Neo Sonic just kinda freezes in the air.

Last edited:
is there any way i can give the characters their falling animations back? I really like seeing them, and I also like this mod, so I wanted to find a way to have both. I know I could just use the Momentum mod, but I like the changes that this mod has too. I just want to fall in style :D

New potential issue. Is Amy not effected by the new slope momentum? Because she doesn't seem to gain any extra speed when travelling downhill. I've been looking in the Lua scripts in the file, and it doesn't seem like she's mentioned in that part, unless I'm being blind again.

Hey guys! I just updated Classic.wad! This will be the final release for a while unless something major bugs out and I have to release a patch for it. Please check the opening post for the changelog.

Would you be willing to make a version without the Air Walk? I prefer the feeling of this over momentum.wad, but I'm not a fan of the air walk. If it would be too much work, I understand, this is just a minor nitpick.

There are plans to make that a togglable option later on, but that is not in the cards right now. If you really don't like it, you are free to comment out that specific bit of code in private as long as you don't share it or host with it.

EDIT: HOTFIX UPDATE! on this episode of Rumia Does Dumb Things, I accidentally used skins[player.mo.skin].prefcolor instead of player.skincolor, so while in boostmode it wouldn't return you to your chosen color online.

Last edited:
Give Sonic Elemental Bubble Shield abilities like in Sonic 3 & Knuckles

>Water Shield is a drop double bounce
>Fire Shield is the thok
>Electric shield is the vertical double jump
>Wind shield remains the horizontal double jump

Problems fixed, give me a banana juice.

The Sonic 3 shields are already in the game as seperate shields. They're just unused in the singleplayer campaign

And they don't work the same way mechanically, they're only a fire, water, and electric shield by name, what's your point?

They... literally do though. The fire shield is a momentum-thok, the water allows you to bounce repeatedly, and the electric shield has a double-jump. I say this having used all 3 multiple times.

Either research wasn't done or you played a character that disabled shield abilities so they could use their own for the jump-spin.

Edit: OR you're thinking of the main three, which are entirely different shields.
Fire+Water/Elemental Shield, Wind Shield, and Magnet Shield. Those three are not the same as the S3K ones, which are indeed in the game and work properly, despite being only really for modders/extra stages to use.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

attachment.php

This happens on my end when your Classic .wad, and Katmint's Comet+Dropdash script are loaded together.

So, now that 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 are out, you can fix how the dash mode works so that characters can have their particles back, right?

So, now that 2.2.5 and 2.2.6 are out, you can fix how the dash mode works so that characters can have their particles back, right?

Well... sadly I'm not quite ready to rewrite the changes to boostmode to be compatible with vanilla dashmode, but I have released a bugfix update that fixes some of the issues with it!

View the changelog in the opening post!

Oops, I left in a snippet of code while testing that changed the spindash sound to one that doesn't work right! I released a quick hotfix, please redownload!

Um can you make a version that restores Neo Sonic's effects, because I really liked them. Also Neo Sonic is no longer 38 can you add a way to restore his speed please.

Last edited:
Could you please give every variable a toggle command the way SpindashAssist does?Certain characters (Junio, Neo, etc) have problems with walkframes after hitting a spring (probably because the logic is hard-coded instead of using the built-in), and I'd like to be able to disable the animations changes on the fly.

For now, is there a way to alter Lua variable values ingame or with a config file?

Unfortunately, I have lost a lot of motivation to work on Classic.wad lately. Mostly due to the sheer amount of things I want to rework and implement in order to make it worthy of the next release. I did actually make something a while ago which is technically still in classic.wad's script, which was intended for mod creators to enable and disable things like that themselves without me having to update my script constantly. Due to lack of popularity and the fact that the system is broken currently, nobody has used this feature.

I probably won't be working on Classic.wad for another month or so depending on how I feel, but maybe I'll find something that drives me to complete a new feature quickly but it's unlikely.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back