• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[MK's Thread] Project with a Z on the end

Azure progress.... well sorta

Heres progress of New Azure paradise so far. It has Orginal music too so thats neat.

I plan to expand on the map more and just give it a better visual flush later.
https://streamable.com/w4m3y

Can't wait to replay one of my favourite Kimokawaii stages, but better than ever before! 2.2's palette was very kind to this stage by the looks of it, and it looks gorgeous as a result! The music fucking slaps too, those chord pads especially do an amazing job at setting a chill and mystical atmosphere!

Last edited:
Both Azure paradise and the new Greenflower zone look amazing, they could easily fit in as official levels.

I can't wait to play them.

some AltMatchMaps V2 stuff

Now that SP Azure paradise is done. i can focus back on reviving Alternate match map packs slowly

First up, Celestial sanctuary as Patience Ruins. I haven't touched this since 2018, all i have done is just ported it to 2.2 and changed some textures. Safe to say it still looks great.
ytfbBTb.png

gAeUn1V.png

And NEW match Azure paradise which i whipped up in 2 days lol. Since i had the new textures of SP Azure all done. I could focus on the level design more. i do expect to add more to this to make it bigger so that there is space.
g3QbFRt.png

nSmTVzo.png

I've got alot of work to do since im not happy with how the other maps look so i do plan to revamp those maps from scratch too. I also intend to add battle support later.

Those first two screenshots look absolutely stunning. Can't wait to see more on this thread!

Its been a while huh?

I been mostly working on the Alternate Match Maps port! So lets get started!

Jade Valley has been remade from scratch with wider corridors and more emphasis on accessibility, This is a reoccurring theme for AMM - Accessible to ringslinger with less detailed sectors and just nice and clean view points.

srb20574.png
srb20568.png

Man i really missed Granite Lake from 2.1 so i wanted to bring it back with my own flair! My idea was to create a hyper vertical level with steep slopes and less emphasis on the water section. Say hello to Granite Gorge
srb20570.png
srb20575.png

Celestial Sanctuary also saw similar treatment with a full remake and some additional changes to help with accessibly, mainly some ground to cushion your fall in the indoor area now!
srb20563.png
1649204423180.png

And lastly Desolate Twilight which got a dimensional shift into a cold and strange dimension - Watch your step or you'll be sucked into the void below
srb20572.png
srb20573.png

That's all for now but I do plan to have at least 9 maps before you guys can see a release!

This is my mod though.

They didnt tell me to make it, no one did - i have been working on it in my own time.

Them just mentioning the mod reminded me to do an update post just to let ya'll know its still in the works!
Well ok then, I guess that's a good point out

Its been a while, Been busy-busy with life and other projects. HOWEVER, I do have some progress to show you today. We will be mostly taking a look at CTF map Remakes i have created.

REMEMBER! these maps are still subject to change so everything here isn't final. Lets dive in.

Verde Forest - Lime Forest Remake
srb20697.png

The centre where the tussle for the strong monitor takes place. Flank to the left or right to get quicker access to the enemy's base OR take a shortcut to your own to score big. Tired of being stuck under the bridge in the pool? Worry no more as the bottom is now tangible for better accessibility!

srb20699.png

Speaking of the base, it had a growth spurt from the tight corridors to a lush open environment. Break ankles with the additional space to play with!

Frozen Falls - Icicle Falls Remake
srb20005.png

Stay frosty and focused in this slightly different layout coming out of your bases. This map is slightly longer to travel from each base to give the team even more of a chance to return the flag. Use the small alcove and maybe even taking a freezing dip to shake your off your opps!

srb20009.png

Now a tight connect between bases, the Strong monitor chills on a slab of floating ice and is one of the ways to get across whilst staying dry!

Manic Meadows - Meadow Match CTF!?
srb20017.png

What the...

srb20019.png

Yes, I am serious.

Last thing I want to say before I neglect this thread for 4-5 months is... that these maps will be put together in Alternate Match Maps! AMM is also shaping up really nicely but I cant show any progress due to, well.. I haven't made too much progress since I last shown them off besides updating them to UDMF format but you will definitely see it in the future!

ANOTHER THINGY - AMM will have a smaller release compared to the 2.1 version. What I mean by that is "only some maps will be available in initial released" compared to all of the maps having alternative versions straight out the gate. I would love to make all the maps first then drop them when its ready but I myself don't know when that will be. Newer maps and more alternate maps will come in updates to the pack once its released.

That is all. See ya!

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back