Missing opengl and unknown command?

Gruko

I'm a big fan SRB2 2.2, I got to playing it when I found out that SRB2k was a mod of SRB2. It was amazing playing, and it wasn't until later that found in SRB2K that you could play with 3D models with MD2s, which I thought was amazing and infinitely times better and cooler, and since I could do this in SRB2K, I figured there must be a way to do this in SRB2, and I later found I was right!

The only problem was, it didn't had an opengl with it, which was weird, so I instead used the opengl included with Logans McCloud 3d pack, but then opt for Jeck Jims 3d saturn pack, and then later finding out in an embarrassing way, that apparently all of these were made for 2.1 and not 2.2, but even so, I still had questions, MOST IMPORTANTLY is why SRB2 2.2 didn't come with an opengl, I tried downloading the game through torrent and directly again on different files that were empty, and it still didn't included opengl.

Another problem I have that I hopes get answered is when I put in "gr_md2 1" or "gr_md2 on" in console, because when I tried to use it in console with opengl booted up, all it says is "unknown command", most likely this has to do with the fact the MD2's were for 2.1, and if that is the case, is there a way I can use these 2.1 MD2's work with 2.2? like some kinda work around? or a slip in the matrix, something, cause I really wanna play with 3D models.

You can launch SRB2 in OpenGL by opening up Notepad, typing up "srb2win.exe -opengl" and saving it in your main srb2 directory as a .bat file.
The reason "gr_md2" is an unknown command is because it's called "gr_models" now. You'll have to wait for some models to be made for 2.2, though.

You'll have to wait for some models to be made for 2.2, though.

Actually, you can use older models. I use 2.0 models to this day! The only problem is these models are glitched no matter what version, how they're formatted ect.

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back