• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Custom Texture idea + 3 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bianca

Ive noticed that nearly every level mod ive seen either uses textures from base srb2 or textures taken from other games so i had an an idea for a pack of custom textures that people can use in their maps. So i have 3 questions.

1. Is anyone interested? would this be something you would use?

2. What textures would you want? are there any level ideas that are difficult to make with existing textures?

3. How would i do it? I know how to make the textures but idk how to collect them in a reusable pack or something.

Of course people can add their own textures but most of the time they don't. as i said most map packs either use the included textures or ones from other games. I think a custom texture pack could make things easier for people who can make good maps but cant make textures.

A free texture pack for the community to use sounds like an interesting idea. I would be down to draw a couple textures in my free time.
The textures included would probably be themes that the base game's textures don't cover. Maybe some more city textures or house textures?

yeah, a bunch of generic textures for stuff the base game doesn't cover could be amazing for maps, like PV said. I'd like to add that something similar to those special stage textures that's less ugly would be appreciated, since i've seen a lot of people try to use those in serious levels, and they just look god-awful.

Me and a coupe of people did this for Kart Modding and people really enjoyed it so i dont see why we cant have a "Royalty Free" SRB2 texture pack.

Well... If you put it like that it could really help many level creators.
Maybe you could do it that when someone makes a new texture, he/she can offer it to this as a community resource and it is judged and taken inside the texture pack. Thinking about it I made public two textures for GFZ1 a while ago. Maybe there could be a thread about custom textures. Wait... wouldn't that be a releases subforum for textures? I don't know, but anyway I'm not sure of this idea, but, imagine a whole thread with people posting custom textures for everyone. Probably it would be taken down by the moderators, but still, maybe we could try?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back