Parappa The Rapping Rapper. (ParappaTR.wad)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terra

Parappa finally returns and joins 2.1 with his swimming ability intact! Time to kick some robo butt as sony's rapping hero!
pGX1vFS.png

[09/04/2014]
So...Anybody order some Lua?
Update.
Parappa now runs faster with a slightly slower acceleration.
He can also jump higher than before, and creates afterimages behind him when he is at max speed, thanks to (simple) Lua.
I will soon master Lua...
Anyway, the attachment is updated.

Attachments

• srb20026.png
    srb20026.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 2,195
  • ParappaTR.rar
    55.1 KB · Views: 2,581
Last edited:
The art in this wad is pretty terrible, not gonna lie. If you're willing to continue working on this wad, I'd suggest working some more on the shading and making some of the animations more dynamic; for example having more of his body move rather than just shuffling his feet for the walking animation. However, art isn't exactly my area of expertise so I can't give you any more detailed advice than that.

Regardless, it's all functional so welcome to releases.

The sprites need a bit of work, but overall I like it, being a fan of the Parappa series. I like how you replaced the title screen with him. :D

Parappa the rapper should not be on the title screen, i don't like it

I know who Klonoa is, and I was thinking of making a wad for him BUT I think someone with more skill should make it considering the quality of this wad...

Oh i know. i'm just saying a character like Klonoa needs more love. i mean that wii remake was years ago. and one of his games was only in japan(Being Klonoa Heroes Densetsu no Star Medal) and Namco X Capcom was the other japanese exclusive game. and Klonoa had a good role in it too. along with his rival, Gantz/Guntz(they call him Gantz in the second GBA game and in the english translation of Namco x Capcom. while they call him Guntz in the beach volleyball game and in the japanese gba game.). actually... i think both characters would be awesome. like Klonoa could have his flutter jump, enemy tossing and double jumping off of grabbed enemies. While Gantz can use his twin pistols to not only fire at enemies, but propel himself upwards with the shots as well.

So...Anybody order some Lua?
Update as of 09/04/2014
Parappa now runs faster with a slightly slower acceleration.
He can also jump higher than before, and creates afterimages behind him when he is at max speed, thanks to (simple) Lua.
I will soon master Lua...
Anyway, the attachment is updated.

With an obscure character like Parappa getting his own character wad. i wonder why it is that noone has tried making one of Klonoa.

I did try to make a Klonoa wad several years ago; it never got finished for a variety of reasons.

Anyways... Outside of the sprites needing some buffing up, it's alright. I really like the afterimages Parappa makes when he hits max speed. Nice touch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back