hey, veterans, what was the first model(s) you saw for srb2?

Jammin'

I fucking hate the average person on this site.
research stuff. im curious what the first models people used back in the day.

When I started using model,back in the 2.0.7 days, Jeck Jim, and Virt's models were my go to.

As far the earliest popular models, when models first became useable in the game? I think that was the "Wizard" models.

Ah, yes, I had to actually load up my old 1.09.4 install to remember what those looked like.

2mObCHq.png

eryBBoF.png

It was a simpler time.

Ah, yes, I had to actually load up my old 1.09.4 install to remember what those looked like.

2mObCHq.png

eryBBoF.png

It was a simpler time.

could you send me a copy of the pack on discord? my username is MazesAhoy(edit: do not. i have either been hacked or forgotten my password.) there. i have the same profile picture. i could try and port them to 2.2. i mean, i know phantom ported the characters, but what about the monitors and crawlas? i could do my part there!

Last edited:
I certainly remember that Sonic model from SSNTails' Wizard Needs Food Badly game (that's the one in I'll Begin's screenshots) being used a lot over a decade ago, but beyond that I'm not sure entirely what the first models in use in SRB2 were offhand, it's been a long time!

There used to be a MD2 model thread in Editing many years ago (probably like 2008 or 2009), which probably included some of these first models. But during a spam attack on the SRB2MB at the time, pv2 accidentally permanently deleted it along with the spam threads he was dealing with. pv2 always did regret that happening and had been trying to find a backup of it ever since. (I think another MD2 thread was cobbled together later in the same year, but I forget if it had all the content the original thread did or not)

Funnily enough, even thought I've been playing SRB2 since before the NiGHTS stages were added, I never realized models were a thing until version 2.2. When I first saw people playing with Jeck Jim's models on YouTube, I was super confused. I thought it was some fan made remake in other engine or something.

Funnily enough, even thought I've been playing SRB2 since before the NiGHTS stages were added, I never realized models were a thing until version 2.2. When I first saw people playing with Jeck Jim's models on YouTube, I was super confused. I thought it was some fan made remake in other engine or something.

i also first saw models when 2.2 was out (i had played when it was released but just 2.0, and then i saw 2.1 gameplay with logan's i think low or high poly, and then i saw 2.2 gameplay, then 2.2 with models)

Well...

I don't remember exactly which model was my first one...

I think were the Jeck Models.

I remember the first models, I honestly didn't think they would stay as more than a curious experiment as they felt quite disconnected from the blocky levels and otherwise sprites from the base game in my memory...

2mObCHq.png

eryBBoF.png

It was a simpler time.

were the monitors and crawlas part of the wizard pack? was there a Tails model in that release too?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back