Emerald question!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The special stage is not for the black emerald. It's simply the original version of the seventh special stage, before it was made slightly easier. No, there's not going to be an eight emerald in the future.

Actually, it did something in 1.09.4

After you cleared Red Volcano Zone (by jumping on Red XVI's house in Greenflower Zone 1 a couple times), if you went back to Greenflower Zone 2, you could see Red doing a picnic. And he gives you the Black Emerald if you leave him alone.

The Black Emerald is basically the Master Emerald in portable version; it lets you transform into Hyper Sonic. And as Hyper Sonic, you could float infinitively as long as you had speed, and each time you used the Air Spin Attack, you nuked everything nearby.

It was basically God Mode, but without seizures (other than nuking-through).

Last edited:
If it doesn't apply to anything, why was the Black Emerald created?
It was created as a joke and because we thought it would be amusing. The results didn't really match up with the idea in planning, though, so we removed it as we remove other parts of the game that aren't working out. The black emerald will not be coming back.

Personally, I think that the black emerald should make a comeback, the more unlockables, the better; I say!
I'd say that the black emerald should NOT make a comeback because it's annoying, irritating, gamebreaking and, for a bunch of servers that abused it a lot of times when I wanted to play an actual game, I don't want it back at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back