Angel Pantheon [1.01] (scr_AngelPantheon.wad) UPDATED 3/13/11

Status
Not open for further replies.
The level is okay, albeit a tad short, but this spring here:

*snip*

Leads to a death every time for me. I suggest making it a blue spring.

What? First of all, how does it lead to a death? Second of all, blue spring? that would make it extremely hard (or even impossible) to get to the next platform.

You need to fix it:

*snip*
*another snip*

I found this problem behind the crusher...

I already know about it but keep forgetting to fix it. Fixed XD.

What? First of all, how does it lead to a death? Second of all, blue spring? that would make it extremely hard (or even impossible) to get to the next platform.
If you don't pull backwards when you fly off the spring, you land in the death pit.

UPDATE

I'm going to change the map's name from Angel Ruins to Angel Pantheon (That's a synonym for temple.)
And of-course, the level will be longer.

I'm probably going to release it on the 20th.

Uh oh, the wrong file got uploaded... If you started near a button that opens some doors and releases crawla commanders, then download the file again!

Ok, now I like this level ^^
You added more things to level, and its make level more bealtifull.
The sky transition is the best gimick I like on level, its combine much!
The only wrong thing: Before the end, you go to a area whin four crawlas comanders, it is bad. Wiki say to you not add more than two in a room, and he right, because its get bored. Deleting it, level will by perfect! ^^

Ok, now I like this level ^^
You added more things to level, and its make level more bealtifull.
The sky transition is the best gimick I like on level, its combine much!
The only wrong thing: Before the end, you go to a area whin four crawlas comanders, it is bad. Wiki say to you not add more than two in a room, and he right, because its get bored. Deleting it, level will by perfect! ^^

Sorry, the first sky change is removed. But it WILL be moved closer to the end! Alright, the commanders in each dungeon will be reduced to 1 per dungeon.

Heh, it's been a long couple of years since I've posted here, despite coming to lurk every once in a while. This particular level has caught my attention, especially considering you say it is your first. Sure you don't have any experience?

Anyways, on to the real reason I came out of my cave: expressing my opinion of this level. As with most occasions, I have broken down into categories of what i saw in the level.

Scenery
Well, as the title implies, it definitely gives off almost an angelic vibe. Even in the sewer, it still looks very nice. I do however wish that some areas were better lighted, so that I could see what I'm landing on/walking across. 8/10.

Gameplay
For intents of discovering the level's rough patches, I played as Dr.P's Sally (my view is that if you can get through it with her average speed and abilityless jump, that should give an idea of any really rough spots). As Sally, I was able to clear the level with relative ease, only messing up in the room with the drain vavle, seeing as how she doesn't have much ability to correct for jumping too far. This level actually wasn't in need of many enemies. Difficulty and length could have been a lot better.
7/10

Level Design in General
This catergory is just simply stuff I noticed that could be fixed, or that I'm just curious about.
-Did you intentionally make the tops of the rising walls a different texture, or was your original plan to make them blend into the floor until they popped up?
-In the underwater area, does that four-pillar structure do anything, because it almost looked like a warp.
-That tower near the green carpeted area looked cool, it was just a shame you wouldn't let me jump out to it. :(
-In close to the same area, your collapsing bridge doesn't have a bottomless pit tag under it, which got me stuck down there. May I suggest either lowering the bridge, adding a spring, or making it a true bottomless pit?
7/10

Final Score: 8/10
If anyone added up and averaged the scores, they probably noticed I rounded up...somewhat. This level definietly gets props for being a good first time, compiled with the fact that it has plenty of potential. Just maybe tweak difficulty and length, and a couple other things, and your bound to have a winner here.

-Did you intentionally make the tops of the rising walls a different texture, or was your original plan to make them blend into the floor until they popped up?
If it didn't blend, where's the fun and suprise in that? =P
Personally one of my favourite gimmicks. Ever.

Yet there's barely a chance someone'd look closely at a floor of a regular hallway, with rings...
Oh yeah, Tyler, can you remove these rings? They kinda look wierd for players who first play the stage, and players might just collect them BEFORE touching the statue...
Oh, and remove 2 Crawla Commanders from that ambush room.
And PLEASE make a bit more space between the Armaggedon shield and the Eggman boxes. There's almost ZERO chance to precisly hit it, especially if you want to use it on the Crawla Commanders... Which is what it's suppose to be used for, as far as I see, 'cause there are no enemies farther on...
So in that case just make a LOT more space between the eggboxes, so even at the heat of the battle players WILL be able to grab the shield.

Yet there's barely a chance someone'd look closely at a floor of a regular hallway, with rings...
Oh yeah, Tyler, can you remove these rings? They kinda look wierd for players who first play the stage, and players might just collect them BEFORE touching the statue...
Oh, and remove 2 Crawla Commanders from that ambush room.
And PLEASE make a bit more space between the Armaggedon shield and the Eggman boxes. There's almost ZERO chance to precisly hit it, especially if you want to use it on the Crawla Commanders... Which is what it's suppose to be used for, as far as I see, 'cause there are no enemies farther on...
So in that case just make a LOT more space between the eggboxes, so even at the heat of the battle players WILL be able to grab the shield.

I'm removing the rings, I've been wanting to do that. Yes, I'm going to make more space between the boxes XD.

EDIT: I hope everyone knows I'm only HALFWAY done with this, making it a very big map when it's finished!

Last edited:
Sorry, double post.

I've made some progress on this map and I want to hear what you all think:

srb20071.png

srb20070.png

srb20069u.png

The walls behind the square pillars should have a texture that's noticeably different from the pillars' textures.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back