BZ4's Hall of Fame

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueZero4

(not a palindrome)
Um, hi.

My intent for this list is to provide a better way to circulate enjoyable content to the SRB2 players. I've done a little digging to make the list you see below.

However, I am only one man. I can not reflect the desires or thougths of the community as a whole. If you think I'm including something I shouldn't or missed something that you want here, you need to speak up because I won't know if you don't don't tell me.

Content that can be played alone:
EXE Mods:
SRB2JTE - Jason the Echidna
SRB2 Community Build - Mostly DashFox2007 (aka Kalaron)

Large scale wad-based modifications!
Chaos Twilight - Hyperknux
Morph's Levelpack - Morph
SRB1 Remake - Torgo
Emerald Isles - Kuja
Botanic Serenity - Digiku
Mystic Realm - Mystic
Acid Missle - FuriousFox
Chaotic Darkness - JJames19119
Blue Heaven - Tets
SA-SRB2 - Original by Blaze Hedgehog, updated by Ree-C
Lost Worlds - Blade

Single Level Shindigs:
Palmtree Panic - Boinciel
Hidden Sanctuary - Ice
Rocky Pass - Oogaland
Sunken Palace - Ree-C (aka Naga)
Gelespious Mountain - Penopat
Dandjr Palace - Penopat
Techno Mountain - Some Guy
Egg Palace - Some Guy
Metal Flower - Some Guy
Nuclear Sunset 1 - BlueZero4
Nuclear Sunset 2 - BlueZero4
Forever Forest 1 - BlueZero4
Poison Palace - SonicMaster

Characters that are actually worth using:
CZ64's stuff
Senku's stuff
SA Knux - Dark Warrior
Amy - Dr. Pepper
Shadow - Dr. Pepper
Blaze - Dr. Pepper

Online-only content:
EXE Mods:
ShufflarB2 - Shuffle
SSB:SS - Spazzo, Flame, and various others.
SRB2 Riders - Draykon, CZ64, and various others
Improved Tag Mode - Jazz

Level packs:
Retropack - CZ64
SpazzTastic Community Pack - Spazzo & others
Multiplayer Fusion - Some Guy
Best of OLDC - Compiled by Blue Warrior
Jazz Attack - Jazz

Match levels:
Emerald Park - Dark Warrior

Nice idea. This'll hopefully make looking for prominent large-scale mods easier. =)

EDIT: Actually, I'm really glad this topic came up, since I actually started working on my mod again a little while ago after a long hiatus, good time for a little teaser of the next release should be over the next couple of days...=P

Torgo may not agree with me on this one, but I think that HMS123311 deserves a place in your hall of fame. After all, everyone here knows about it, most have played with it at some point, and n00bs are constantly asking where to find it.

Thanks for the suggestions guys, they really help. I was actually meaning to put those on the list, so you guys are actually saving me a bunch of work. :P

And I'll be going through the srb2.org addons after I'm done with the forums, so just sit tight for a little bit.

Also, on the subject of content that doesn't come in a pack, I really do need some feedback on what I should include. If you've noticed, there's quite a few levels that on their own might not be worth playing (Example: One of Hyperknux's singleplayer levels alone) but in a pack they're great.

And again, if you think I missed something or included something that shouldn't be here, be sure to speak up.

Moon Palace and Dandjr Palace are both top quality AGZ ripoffs, though one has a better gameplay and the other has more unique gimmicks.

Also, Dr. Pepper's Blaze is good, but I don't remember whether it has a unique ability. AmyRE has an optional version with unique abilities. I would recommend Rouge and the new Shadow if they had specially defined abilities as well. I don't know how picky you want to be, so...

Most of these are very good though, I think this is a good idea and would like to see something like this made more organized and more prominent. As for playing SRB2, I would definately like to be a regular on Jazz's Dedicated Server again if he starts that up, even though I am more productive when editing assets, it is a way to actually enjoy the game.

Thanks, Jev. I'll be sure to add those two level and actually play Blaze. >.>
Edit: Maybe it's just because I played NSZ1, NSZ2, and then FFZ1, all in a row, but Blaze is the best slow-fall character ever.

Also, how does organizing by offline and online sound?

http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=14334
*cosmic Angel*

I recomend this special 2D stage made by SRB2wikia sonic master (if I spelled the name right)

Although it's just one stage, the 2D style gives another feel to sonic as you re-live the genisis days (well sort of..). Even if you denie it way deep in your heart, you know you won't see another 2D stage unless someone has the NIGHTS super sonic race map on a net game.

TrueTenguMan said:
*cosmic Angel*

I recomend this special 2D stage made by SRB2wikia sonic master (if I spelled the name right)

Good luck getting a 2d level recommended before the game type is fixed. Besides the fact that the level looks pretty miserable, 2d mode will usually not be that fun despite everything anyone can do because of the way it is implemented into the game.

This level seemed more experimental in nature than a quality nature in my humble opinion. I don't think it provides a necessarily outstanding example. Wikimaster is releasing a new 2d level for the contest, so we'll see how that turns out.

You should create a section called "Projects that are so dumb that they're epic" section...HMS123311 would go in there.

Wow, didn't know my mod would be that famous, I just made it for fun. Thanks for putting it up, it made my day when I saw it ^^

JEV3 said:
TrueTenguMan said:
*cosmic Angel*

Good luck getting a 2d level recommended before the game type is fixed. Besides the fact that the level looks pretty miserable, 2d mode will usually not be that fun despite everything anyone can do because of the way it is implemented into the game.

This level seemed more experimental in nature than a quality nature in my humble opinion. I don't think it provides a necessarily outstanding example. Wikimaster is releasing a new 2d level for the contest, so we'll see how that turns out.

I spent only three days on CAZ. Well, it was made as a "Hey, look at these techniques I figured out that really pushes up the playability of this crappy 2D mode!" I did put more effort into Blown Fuse Zone, but I'm unsure of how much better it really is. =/

Alright guys, keep in mind this list is merely to feature all the crap that's worth playing. Don't get cocky just because you're featured here; there's always improvements to be made.

Also, SonicMaster's 2D level is a perfect example of something I would feature if it were in a pack, but not alone. SonicMaster, that's your cue.

To people asking me about downloading SRB2:TBE, yes, I AM WELL AWARE THAT THE DOWNLOAD DOESN'T WORK. I took it down, because I'm making a new teaser release which should be out before christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back