• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Raze's Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raze C

Average Circuit Enjoyer
Uncreative title, eh?
Anyways, hello, I'm back with my stuff after a while, I've made some mapping attempts and I've decided I should learn about something new this time: about various linedef actions I didn't learn or never used more specifically.
So, here's this little idea I've been slowly working with:
srb20059.png

srb20061.png

srb20060.png
I was also planning to make a custom boss for the future act 3, but that probably isn't going to happen, since SOC is the best I can do.
Take a bonus GIF of a previous mapping attempt, cancelled due the lack of layout ideas and a several more reasons:
srb20016.gif

Last edited:
I didn't have enough time recently, so I'm probably not touching this map for a long time, however I have some screenshots of the last edits (nothing new layout-wise, just a small room and some decorations):
srb20099.png

srb20097.png

"New" room:
srb20098.png
"What happened to the sky?"
I've been testing different sky textures and I tried to see how it looked animated. I'll most likely remove it later on (view the attached GIF).

Attachments

• srb20151.gif
    srb20151.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 263
  • srb20151.gif
    srb20151.gif
    1.8 MB · Views: 314
Hey, I've finally touched this thing again, not like I did something big, but I thought of posting this here too.
I haven't even talked about this here, but I've tried to add towers with statues on them, I firstly added CEZ statues, but they didn't fit the color scheme so I replaced them with this guy:
srb20136.png
unnamed.gif

I present to you Big Generic Recolored Gargoyle, but you can call it Tempest Gargoyle
Still nothing new on layout, I lost ideas for it. I had planned the whole thing, but I felt like changing it at some point and now I just don't know what to do next.
This is the updated version of the "new" section I mentioned on my previous post anyway:
srb20137.png
As for the music (if I even mentioned it here), I gave up on that DSZ remix I made, it's going to be an original track that a friend of mine is working with. The progress of it is just as slow as the map layout :>

This looks to become a really interesting map. I wouldn't wanna see you give up on it. It could use some platforming in darkness with springs, perhaps a long downwards slime-slide into madness, or just some cheesy creepy setpieces like entering a giant mansion clock into a frozen world.

Ooooor maybe turn the entire thing on it's head all of a sudden as you may your way up, and once you pass through the light the player will end up in a beautiful sunshine paradise. Except it's all a creepy illusion....

Idk, just some things popping up from the top of my head seeing your initial screenshots!

it's back

First, I'd like to thank you all for the feedback.
With the release of 2.2, I got motivated to get back to mapping and I thought of porting Tempest Shrine, but there's so much stuff I'd like to change that I thought it would be more worth to redo it from zero. Not sure if I'll keep up with this remake, but I'd like to give it a try.
srb20053.png
srb20054.png
New temple entrance:
srb20048.gif

No you don't start here, that was just for making the GIF shorter.
I've tried to use 2.2's CEZ sky on it, but it doesn't fit with the skybox flat, otherwise it fits so much better with everything else:
srb20056.png

Anyway, I would really appreciate some opinions and ideas for decoration and such. As for the music, it'll definitely be changed, since the old one doesn't fit anymore, there might even be a name change, but I'm not going to worry too much about these things for now.

Last edited:
While I'm still unsure about the skybox, have some more screenies of the interior of the temple:
srb20080.png

srb20081.png
I have to fix a lot and this map is still a mess because I never plan my stuff, but I expect this map to go through a lot of changes.
Also, I'm taking any name change suggestions if you all have anything better than "Tempest Shrine"

Last edited:
I really like how this is shaping up, looks pretty good to me.

I don't see a problem with the name 'Tempest Shrine' myself, SRB2 levels have always had pretty cheesy self-descriptive names. (Aerial Garden being, well, an Aerial Garden for example). But if you really want a new name, then what about 'Acid Keep' to go with the castle appearance of that main building and that dangerous looking green water.

But if you really want a new name, then what about 'Acid Keep' to go with the castle appearance of that main building and that dangerous looking green water.
That's a pretty good name actually. That main building was always supposed to be a temple, but it's looking much more like a castle now, so that's why I thought to myself the name "Tempest Shrine" wouldn't make sense anymore.
As for the green water, it actually isn't that dangerous, it just drains your rings. I wanted to introduce this since little to no maps use this sector effect and I really want to try it out, but the the appearence of that green water makes it look much more dangerous than it actually is, so I'm also taking suggestions on how I could make it more obvious that it doesn't act like old THZ goop or insta-kill acid.

You made some real good progress there dude. I love the entire look of the level so far.
I have to fix a lot and this map is still a mess because I never plan my stuff, but I expect this map to go through a lot of changes.
Also, I'm taking any name change suggestions if you all have anything better than "Tempest Shrine"
Well the level looks like a castle more then a shrine to be honest but its fine. My suggestion is "Tainted Temple" but if you wanna go for a castle like, maybe "Poisoned Stronghold"

So, I took a break from making "Tempest Shrine" and now I'm mainly focused on finishing this:
srb20117.png

srb20110.gif
I don't have anything to say about it honestly, other than that it'll have its own song. It's just supposed to be another act of Red Volcano.

I've made a bunch of progress on that red volcano map, so here's a quick skim through the new stuff:
cH1itz8.gif

and some screenshots:
srb20163.png
srb20162.png
srb20164.png
srb20165.png
srb20166.png
Also, now it has its own name to avoid confusion: Boiling Steel Zone.
Sounds stupid, I know. I'm taking suggestions as always.
As for that temple map, I don't have any new progress on it, as I am mainly focusing on the red volcano map, but I hopefully will get it done by this year. I'll be looking to update it at any spare time I have after finishing Boiling Steel Zone.

Last edited:
I've been playing a lot with ZB lately and here are some experiments I did:

Animated textures test:
RtY8wBW.gif

reV6caH.gif

Magma Caves skybox test:
y8anrOR.gif

I'm also back working with that temple map. It will have its own custom music, made by myself. I did mostly some texture tweaks rather than layout progress, once again.
srb20300.png

srb20298.png

srb20296.png

With a new decoration object, the fountain boi:
srb20289.png

Still a placeholder, the sprite was made by DaveLite and the idea by ordomandalore.
This map will still go through some more changes (such as for the skybox or the liquid behaviour) before I get to making layout progress.

About that Red Volcano map: it went through some good progress, both visually and layout wise and it will get some major changes such as the nuking of a section that sucked and some other stuff. But here's some latest screenshots:
HdTro0S.png
37GeoQe.png
OP7btOl.gif

This might be the last time I do any progress in SRB2 maps, I'll be very busy in the next weeks, which is a pity, since the ULDC might happen around this time.

Attachments

• srb20300.jpg
    srb20300.jpg
    139.4 KB · Views: 199
  • srb20296.jpg
    srb20296.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 207
  • srb20313.gif
    srb20313.gif
    174.7 KB · Views: 204
  • srb20311.gif
    srb20311.gif
    75.4 KB · Views: 212
  • srb20219.png
    srb20219.png
    61.7 KB · Views: 206
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back