SRB2JTE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JTE

SRB2JTE
Current version: 1.69.9.2

Put anything related to SRB2JTE right here. Note, however, that I am not taking any more suggestions at the moment so I can complete what I've begun rather then adding more needless and incomplete things to the mess. So stop it. I'll do what I want, since nobody over the age of 15 truely appreciates what I do either way, it seems.

Specific to this release:
  • Fixed bot AI, they're a hell of a lot smarter now. Still no ability use or new gametypes or anything like that, though.
  • Extended co-op bots slightly, made them cheat more to keep up with you, not be able to accedentally steal monitors from you, and spindash in the right direction...
  • Added OpenGL sprite-based object shadows, SSNTails and Shuffle could guess how with just that bit of information, I'm sure. :E
  • Added automatic loading for the SPMoves-enhanced characters (shadow.wad, amy.wad, and metalsonic.wad), no perameter to turn this off yet, sorry. :?
  • Fixed Super Shadow and Super Metal Sonic's flashing colors... Unfortunately, Super Shadow still only has flashey streaks, his actual body color currently remains unchanged. :(
  • Added SPMoves abilities for hypermysteriousshadonic123, but no autoload for it. Yes, I know you just shouted "THANK GOD!" at that. I think the neighbors heard you. Hypermysteriousshadonic123 has multihomingchaoscontrolarmageddonthoks, every flashy extra you've ever seen, etc... :| It's really quite something to behold, especially how I combined normal thokking and chaos control into a single thing... Oh, and he's ALWAYS super, only death pits and crushers could kill him.
  • Fixed Super player coronas so they work properly even in netgames and multiplayer. Why someone else didn't think of this quick and easy hack while they were implementing MF_DEBRIS is beyond me. :|

First person to complete SRB2 Universe on Very Hard legitimately wins the "Holy hell, that dude's good!" award. Of course, if I had added Crawla Commanders as well you'd be in for it ... ... >.> And what of multi-hit turrets that have several buttons you need to press to destroy, hm?!

Is that the exe with the bots? If so, it's awesome.. and actually fun to be Sonic and add Tails and Knuckles bots. (ZOMGSONICHEROES!)

Lol @ 1.69 (I pity the people who do not get the joke)

TailsDoll said:
Lol @ 1.69 (I pity the people who do not get the joke)

Why do you pity them? People wouldn't get that unless they've taken classes.

SPMoves' Eggman does not fly like Tails in SRB2JTE. Nor does he fly at all outside of SPMoves, for that matter. :?

As for unlocking SRB2 Universe, for SRB2JTE read the first post in the topic. For SPMoves, read what it says in the Secrets Checklist.

Jason the Echidna said:
As for unlocking SRB2 Universe, for SRB2JTE read the first post in the topic. For SPMoves, read what it says in the Secrets Checklist.

Thanks Jason

For those who are feeling lucky: Don't try using bots in SRB2 Universe. It's very obvious it wasn't meant for that.

God, what I would do if I had the source code to SRB2 Universe. I wouldn't stop working on it for one. It seems like such a great coop idea. I would gladly make maps for this mode. Though, it would be better if the enemy HP wasn't so ridiculously high (Blue Crawlas have 30 HP? Gimme a break...) and that your HP wasn't so ridiculously low (You're likely to die the first time an enemy hits you if you are not over level 3.). It would also be nice if the stats weren't so brutally murdered after dying. (Which happens often.) I would love to see more of SRB2 Universe, it seriously intrigues me.

Why do you think it was so hard to get to? It's so incomplete that it's barely playable, if at all. Don't worry, in the next release you'll have 5 HP and Blue Crawlas will only have 20!

... Oh yeah, I fixed the bot problems, put in rarity values, and did other funky things now. ^_^ Now I just need to make your stats not reset when you die, and set the damage values for weapons and armor. Which is to say, how much damage weapons will do and how much damage armor will block.

Also, I have decided that I will make PSO mode more of a gametype then a map type, with teleporters spawned at player 1's entrance and the first level end sign found in the first exit sector. Which is to say, even though the teleporters will be 2D sprited objects rather then small rooms added to the start and the end and the map was designed for normal SRB2 play, you can play through every map in PSO mode. So you can, say, add Mystic Realm and play through all of those maps in PSO mode if you wanted. But then, we have the problems of why I wanted to make them all 1 map or have players in different maps at the same time in the first place... If anyone in the map wants to warp back to the hub, everyone else is going with them.

Jason the Echidna said:
Also, I have decided that I will make PSO mode more of a gametype then a map type, with teleporters spawned at player 1's entrance and the first level end sign found in the first exit sector. Which is to say, even though the teleporters will be 2D sprited objects rather then small rooms added to the start and the end and the map was designed for normal SRB2 play, you can play through every map in PSO mode. So you can, say, add Mystic Realm and play through all of those maps in PSO mode if you wanted. But then, we have the problems of why I wanted to make them all 1 map or have players in different maps at the same time in the first place... If anyone in the map wants to warp back to the hub, everyone else is going with them.

...wasn't that how it was in PSO?

I may be wrong of course. I've only played PSO in splitscreen mode. =< Pity me.

In online mode, different players could be in all different areas. Player 1 could be in Pioneer 2, Player 2 could be in Forest 2, Player 3 could be in Mines 1, and Player 4 could be fighting De Rol Le.

Are you gonna be forced to kill off all the monsters before going on to the next area? It'd be kinda not PSOey if it didn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back