• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

fickle hearts and other parts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Born; Into a pack

Isn't that just the slope itself moving up and down? Wouldn't a slant be the angle of the slope changing?

Can we please not make it a thing to just post random slope GIFs that have no purpose in here? I can't be bothered to get mad about people having the EXEs any more, but please do me a favor and don't just post a glorified "I have a slopes EXE haha" post. If you feel some dire need to show off that you can mess around with them, do me a favor, make a proper map or something (not slopetest395.wad) that uses them, and maybe help out with some feedback if something doesn't work as intended. (I mean, aside from not being able to use them to run up walls. I don't think I'll ever get around to adding that.)

Plus, I might like to have a chance to talk about something that isn't slopes in this topic for once. :C

I have absolutely no idea of what this actually is, but it looks awesome, especially that Skybox!
Though, may I ask what... "Rerecords" are for?

6xyfhSa.png

Nothing in particular :X

I think I got it, if it's what I think, I can only imagine the hundred of uses you can have of this. :O
..."I want to be just like you when I grow up!"

If you've played echochrono (or the Clank levels in... R&C3, I think? or any of the numerous games with the concept), you'd be familiar with the gimmick. I stopped working on it because I had issues managing ghost-to-ghost interaction with pushables, which was causing pushables to desync in unexpected ways between multiple iterations, and a ton of headaches with stacking. A lot of the cool things I wanted to do with it ended up being either more trouble than they were worth, or impractical to expect players to figure out without resorting to a guide. There was also getting to be a ton of scripting-induced lag that I couldn't optimize much further.

Sorry that things have been quiet from me for a long time. Unfortunately, as much as I'd like it to be, work on 2.2 isn't the reason nothing's happened in this topic; I've been juggling a new job in web development, work on a project with MotorRoach, and tackling some of the games I have but never beat, (and there's a tiny bit of 2.2 work here and there lol) so I haven't had time nor motivation to work on mods. That said, Chee wanted to get a special effect going so I played around a bit with SRB2DB and made this in about half an hour.

Is that a floating portal? Also how did you make that crack effect? o_o'
By the way, good luck with all the jobs you're dealing with! ;)

Last edited:
So, is that based on slopes, or midtextures...

Probably the former, but the latter might be interesting for a specific branch of scripts.

That said, Chee wanted to get a special effect going so I played around a bit with SRB2DB and made this in about half an hour.

Only thing that bothered me a bit was this. This thing takes half an hour to make? It must be very difficult to make then

Less of a portal I think.

Were I to make a guess, he made it possible to render a different segment of a map through a predetermined space (Either a texture or linedef effect of some kind) over what is currently rendering. In this case, a cave over a sky.

Really neat effect.

Nope, it's just a portal lol

The cutout effect is just sky floors/ceilings sloped in a clever way to block off parts of the line of sight in front of the portal. I didn't add anything to the engine at all.

JoyfulDeterminedGreathornedowl.gif

The first prototypes of the giant elastic jumpsuit didn't work out very well

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back