• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[SRB2Kart] Chrispy's Content Creation Pack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
What's up gamers it's your boy orchestrating another community pack for SRB2Kart, except this time it's not restricted to just character mods and also we'll be foregoing the critique process. That means you can submit anything; Chracters, Levels, MD2s, scripts, etc. This isn't going to be about how good your content is, this will simply be a pack of good content. That being said not just anything submitted gets in. It's my content pack so I get to decide what's good. (which is anything with a visible amount of effort and care put into it)
Submissions are due by September 30th 11:59pm EDT and can be posted here, sent to me in a private message, or sent to my discord Chrispy#6868

I plan on having two variants of this pack like I did with the last pack, a lua version and a non-lua version. I don't want to restrict what you can do with your lua submission, but if it's something that affects the game as a whole then I suggest including a command toggle, but even then it may still be denied if I feel it spoils the gameplay.
Also because of the additional variety of content compared to C4, this will likely take me longer to put all together once it's finished, so don't expect a 24 hour turnover from submission end date to release date like last time.

Previously unreleased content only (remakes are fine)
Don't change anything that affects the overall gameplay experience [replacing vanilla textures, altering the way an item functions for everybody, etc

Last edited:
Would a script that also adds one or two minor things to the HUD be allowed into submission? Especially if it's just exclusive to your level.

Just asking since the (Mario Kart based) glider mechanic I'm working on may or may not have that later on in development.

Would a script that also adds one or two minor things to the HUD be allowed into submission? Especially if it's just exclusive to your level.

Just asking since the (Mario Kart based) glider mechanic I'm working on may or may not have that later on in development.
If it's exclusive to your level then that should be fine

Anyone knows a good method to replicating the Gloat echo effect?
Asking in an old topic like this was not necessary when we have the Help forum, but if you need to know, use Audacity and do the following;

[Generate > Silence > 1 second]

then...

[Effect > Echo > set both options to 0.25]

Save as OGG with a project rate of 44100hz (Check the bottom left of the window), and you'll be done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back