• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Metal Sonic Fix 'em up :Released:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Despite having left the SRB2 scene ages ago and never playing it, the ugly frames in CZ64's metal sonic wad still haunt me. This is the reason I've returned simply to finish this wad. So, no, I'm not back for good. I'm not continuing Chrispy pack, and I'm probably not even going to play this wad.

Anyways, this wad is going to have a majority of the frames remade to match AJ's style to the point. All the slight imperfections, the messed up proportions, everything. I want AJ to look at this and think "When did I draw these?" I would have a lot more finished by now but I've been preoccupied with Pokemon Heart Gold, the game's addicting. The reason I'm posting this WIP topic is to maybe inspire myself to continue working on it. Now for pix.
springrotate.gif

2hi9hug.gif
2u8ia3d.gif
51531873.png
21507200.png

Released: http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=33261

metlp1.png
metlp2p8.png
metlp3p7.png
metlp4p6.png
metlp5.png

Last edited:
ARGH Chrispy you stole my idea!

Anyways, good luck on the fixing up wad. Oh and also, is metal sonic going to have some sort of flame coming out of his back when he runs?

(*Wonders if Chrispy will also fix shadow and silver frames :\*)

Last edited:
Nah, I won't bother with that. Unless it's possible for someone to SOC up a thing where he has Eggman's blue orb coming from his back like in SRB2JTE in the 1.09.4 days.
Nope, not bothering with them. Just metal sonic for now, and maybe later doing Amy but I highly doubt it. It all depends on how this comes out.

Last edited:
Heh, maybe you could fix up Zim and finish his frames too :3

Anyways, this looks pretty cool, I hope to see more progress.

Those Metal Sonic sprites look good so far, Chrispy - they do look almost as if SSNTails made them. =P However, some of the pics don't seem to work for me for some reason.

I'll be looking forward to seeing the finished WAD.

This is something you guys probably won't be too happy about, but I'm removing Neo Metal Sonic. He just doesn't seem to fit SRB2 at all, especially considering he's a newer character. However, I will make super transformation frames of metal sonic turning yellow.

Last edited:
This is something you guys probably won't be too happy about, but I'm removing Neo Metal Sonic. He just doesn't seem to fit SRB2 at all, especially considering he's a newer character. However, I will make super transformation frames of metal sonic turning yellow.
Actually, I'm happy and unhappy at the same time. :\
I'm happy because now we won't have a really bad spirited Metal Sonic as a super form *No Offense Neo Metal Sonic creator* and I'm unhappy because I like Neo Metal Sonic...
Erm, idea, fix Neo Metal Sonic?
EDIT: Wow people are starting to post just when Chrispy got here. Why not me? :|

Last edited:
I'm still a level designer so I still am amazed at how you spriters can pump these things out.

And yes, the back frames of Metal Sonic always bugged me as well.

Actually, I'm happy and unhappy at the same time. :\
I'm happy because now we won't have a really bad spirited Metal Sonic as a super form *No Offense Neo Metal Sonic creator* and I'm unhappy because I like Neo Metal Sonic...
Erm, idea, fix Neo Metal Sonic?
I'm the old Neo Metal Sonic creator, but that was ages ago.
I'm not fixing Neo Metal because it's just not right. SRB2 is based off the old S3&K days, and there was no neo metal. Of course, there was also no Metal Sonic. However, the characters in these days were very unique, rather than all having the same bodies and heads with different colors and hair. Neo Metal is one of those boring characters and I refuse to add him to SRB2...again.

Also, BZ4, I'm working on fixing those. I can't figure out what's wrong with them, and I won't rest 'til I do!

Also this.

I'm not fixing Neo Metal because it's just not right. SRB2 is based off the old S3&K days, and there was no neo metal. Of course, there was also no Metal Sonic. However, the characters in these days were very unique, rather than all having the same bodies and heads with different colors and hair. Neo Metal is one of those boring characters and I refuse to add him to SRB2...again.
Yea know what. Now that you explained it, NMS is kind of boring... :\
Also this.
Is it really going to be green or are you going to change it?

I'm the old Neo Metal Sonic creator, but that was ages ago.
Oh, very unexpected. :\ (I might had say the same though only with different words).

It's already changed in the wad using color remap. I just forgot to update my saved image XP

There is a ported Neo Metal Sonic (SonictheDalek's) That a friend of mine ported. :/ (This is a pointless post and wow those sprites look amazing. :D) (DARK BLUE FTW!)
EDIT: (Reply to Chrispy's edit) :D (POINTLESSNESS HAS TOOK OVER MY MIND!)

Last edited:
Huh, I'm already at the point where I just have to redo the fall and walk and then touch up the spin. Expect a release soon, guys.
Also I'm not posting every sprite I do here. Seeing all the sprites before they're in the game make this wad less exciting. :P
EDIT: Actually, I don't even have to redo the walk, just touch it up and make it a bit more exciting than just moving up and down. Yay.
EDIT: Also, super transformation. But that shouldn't be too hard :P
Another EDIT: I messed around with his colors a bit, and now almost every color (Including Cyan!) Looks fantastic. The lighter colors don't look good, but who ever plays with white or yellow amirite?
inubfc.png

Ignore those white dots on the life image, I'll fix those.

Last edited:
Yeah, the Cyan still doesn't look that good. I do like how you're doing more with the running frames other than just moving them up and down a bit. I've been meaning to do the same with my own Metal Sonic.

I meant look good as in the shades are in their appropriate location. In the old wad with cyan the shadows were where the shine should've been and such. Once I finish up all the sprites I'll try to get rid of the dark outline he has and possibly lighten him up a bit.

Huh, I'm already at the point where I just have to redo the fall and walk and then touch up the spin. Expect a release soon, guys.
Also I'm not posting every sprite I do here. Seeing all the sprites before they're in the game make this wad less exciting. :P
EDIT: Actually, I don't even have to redo the walk, just touch it up and make it a bit more exciting than just moving up and down. Yay.
EDIT: Also, super transformation. But that shouldn't be too hard :P
Another EDIT: I messed around with his colors a bit, and now almost every color (Including Cyan!) Looks fantastic. The lighter colors don't look good, but who ever plays with white or yellow amirite?
inubfc.png

Ignore those white dots on the life image, I'll fix those.
Erm... I loled at the dots a little... It makes Metal Sonic look like he is drunk or something. :P
EDIT : Erm, so since Mecha Sonic is nowhere near being the same as Metal Sonic amirite?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back