The Most Sold VG Series EVAR!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sonnarkku

Obamasnow Fan-- With a Hat
Yup, as much as I´m amazed that nobody´s made a topic ´bout this, I´m also shocked of the names that appeared on the top of the list we´re talking about, wich is right here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_video_game_franchises

Obviously, at top is Mario, and 2nd is Pokémon with their ¨1 Game in 2 cartidges¨ ideology (wich actually works) but third we have... Tetris? what the heck? Need for Speed sold more than Sonic? Ape Escape is more famous than Kirby? And Grand Turismo outsells Call of Duty? No way!

Sonic´s number 8 by the way, with 70 million sells.

So did you get any unexpected reactions? or what do you think of people´s bying criteria?

Obviously, at top is Mario, and 2nd is Pokémon with their ¨1 Game in 2 cartidges¨ ideology (wich actually works) but third we have... Tetris? what the heck? Need for Speed sold more than Sonic? Ape Escape is more famous than Kirby? And Grand Turismo outsells Call of Duty? No way!

Tetris MADE the Game Boy, buddy. It sold fucktons. Also, Gran Turismo 3 is to thank for outselling CoD. Absolutely the best simulation racing game of all time.

Well, Sony did have a pretty big mojo during the days of the first and second PlayStation consoles.

The Sims was released about ten years ago and it's up to number four? That's pretty awecoolzing.

I despise how the COD series is selling so much. It's possibly one of the most generic FPSes out there. Then there are some of my favorite series there, which may be in the hundreds, makes me sad to see how low they are on the charts. The Halo series, Kingdom Hearts, and Star Wars Battlefront name a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back