• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Working on character.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiddycat992

Slippy The Penguin

2 More pics
-Backpack added

105pm6b.jpg

3354ozr.jpg

2w2rb45.jpg

kcyp6q.jpg

[spoiler:3761f1cb7e]I'm working on a mod too![/spoiler:3761f1cb7e]

re:working on character

Scizor300 said:
I honestly have no hope for this wad, sorry.

YOU may not have any hope but I do! I'm going to work on this WAD and complete it not matter WHAT anyone says.

Re: re:working on character

kiddycat992 said:
Scizor300 said:

YOU may not have any hope but I do! I'm going to work on this WAD and complete it not matter WHAT anyone says.
I respect your determination for this wad, but there are somethings that could be worked on, an example would be the shape, how many penguins do you know are made out of blocks? They have a point on there head, like a cone with feet at the end (Not literally before someone goes lolwut?) another would be the shading, look at the SRB2 pallet and make sure you use those colors to work on your wad. But I have to admit, a penguin wad is somewhat original on SRB2 so its a change, It just needs a lot of work.

kiddycat992 said:
Scizor300 said:

Unfortunately, what other people think is very relevant to a released WAD. Theoretically, it could turn out all right if you can make some significant improvements, but if you aren't planning to update that design much, you'd be much better off just making the WAD for your own enjoyment and not releasing it.

Protip: Jp(e)g sucks for sprites. Use bmp when importing the sprites into SRB2 and use PNG when editing.
Anyway, the sprites don't look close to being the same shape (Front and back are square-ish while the sides are kinda like triangles), the sprites are a little bit too large and the cyan space around the character is way too big.

I REALLY DON'T want to use a program other than MS Paint because... (1)I can't find a program(2)I don't want to have 999,0000 MB or whatever on my computer I just about have 9999 MB on my computer of things I use.About the shape, I'm not trying to make it the same, I just want it how i like it, Sonic for example he doesn't look like a REAL hedgehog so I'm keeping it like this.
super said:
kiddycat992 said:
Scizor300 said:

I respect your determination for this wad, but there are somethings that could be worked on, an example would be the shape, how many penguins do you know are made out of blocks? They have a point on there head, like a cone with feet at the end (Not literally before someone goes lolwut?) another would be the shading, look at the SRB2 pallet and make sure you use those colors to work on your wad. But I have to admit, a penguin wad is somewhat original on SRB2 so its a change, It just needs a lot of work.
[/u][/b]

Ok.

1). WTF IS THAT FIRST PIC WITH THIRD AND FOURTH PIC?
2). Block.
3). You know what wonders are in inside of Senya's Human Character topic? If no, go to check!
4). You need: Lot of training, focusing, etc.
5). What you need to know: Character wads takes over 325 sprites, Good day to you!
6). This takes a looong time...

Ok, so, this time it is... Penguin? O...k... Well to start, it looks good (6/10)to beginners, but make it to SRB2 STYLE. To make it to srb2 style, read all number questions/answers. But I need to say, this, doesnt go easy ya' know.
But... happy spriting anywayz. :D !

Chrispys predictions:
  • People are going to Criticize you so much for this
    If you still work on it then, you're going to save all the images as jpg and it'll fail
    If you manage to make all the sprites, you will try to wad it and it won't work in single player
    You play it and whenever you fall or tailsgrab you get an error
    Your wad doesn't even make it to the releases section
    Your wad is forgotten forever

Chrispy said:
Chrispys predictions:
    If you still work on it then, you're going to save all the images as jpg and it'll fail
    If you manage to make all the sprites, you will try to wad it and it won't work in single player

Quie', True...

EPIC PWNAGE :P!

Chrispy said:
Chrispys predictions:

Harsh, but those are definitely the problems a new character wadder goes through :3

... though if you already know JPEG sucks you won't use it in the first place.

kiddycat992 said:
I REALLY DON'T want to use a program other than MS Paint because... (1)I can't find a program(2)I don't want to have 999,0000 MB or whatever on my computer I just about have 9999 MB on my computer of things I use.
Disk space is hardly a limiting factor for a decent painting program. They're not that huge. p.s. MTPaint, The GIMP, Paint.NET, are good downloadble options for painting.

Is this going to be (Penguins of) Madagascar Robo Blast 2?

I give the gift of reference materials... as you obviously need it.
penguin.jpg

What penguin do you know of that is square? They are roughly bowling-pin-shaped.

Chaos Knux said:
I give the gift of reference materials... as you obviously need it.
penguin.jpg

What penguin do you know of that is square? They are roughly bowling-pin-shaped.

pecola_feature.jpg
This is the closes I could find.

I'm going to have to lock this based on two things.

#1) This is terrible and will no way make it past Releases.
#2) You aren't listening to what people are saying.

Basically, they're giving you advice on how to make it look good, and you're not listening. Now, if you can take the time to make these actually look good, get a decent amount done, and actually take criticism the next time, you can make a new topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back