Problem Making a Piplup Wad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charybdizs

>WTB lamp oil
Administrator
Kart Krew™️
So I just discovered SRB2 about 2 months ago, and I've been having a load of fun with it. Just the other day, I was playing Tortured Planet (Thanks FawfulFan, best level pack I've played) and I suddenly decided I wanted to play as, for no reason in particular, Piplup. So, DON'T jump on my case right away, I know it takes a lot of work to make a wad. However I have a little of an easier way to do it. I have the model of him from Brawl on my computer, and I can just put him in whatever position I need him to be to make the sprites. Unfortunately, I found different problems...

First of all, I really have no clue about palettes. Can someone explain to me how to get a sprite showing up in-game in the correct colors?

Secondly, I was basing my character on a Pikachu wad I found once, just so I'd be able to see what a completed one was like. All I had done was edit the OBJCTCFG and S_SKIN1, and replace the standing A1 sprite with one I had made for Piplup, and then I tested it. All the sprites, new and old, appeared in the wrong order, with the standing sprite being shown as the getting hurt sprite, and running ones switching between some random ones and lifebox sprites. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong?

EDIT: I tried it again, this time with with just the OBJCTCFG and S_SKIN1 changed, and it shut Srb2 down completely. :(

Last edited:
Woah, was it really necessary to float this? It's been months since I posted this, what was probably one of my first posts. And the really funny thing, is that neither of those questions are answered in that as far as I could see. I read the wiki before I even posted this thread in the first place.

Well, if you still want to know, it has to do with the settings of the program. The wiki tells about how to set it up before you open a WAD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back