Contest Discussion

when water
srb20184.png

srb20185.png

srb20186.png

thoughtfultidyalaskankleekai

708554507809980456.png

So2ro I love how that's looking. Although you want to add more variation in lighting. I can't quite tell for sure but everything seems to be 255 here.

Or if there are shadows, then they aren't contrasting with the terrain enough and you should darken them a bit.

Anywho, here's what I'm working on (I haven't decided if I will submit this to OLDC just yet) It's a collab with Sanic Hodgeheg.
srb23160.gif

srb21109.png

srb23162.gif

srb23165.gif

srb23166.gif

[snip] (please do not quote an entire post with large images just to say one thing about it in a post directly below it. we don't need to scroll through it twice.

Looks cool! Love the aesthetic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Waterfalls

Does anyone know how to make a waterfall like in one of the screenshots above? I can only figure out how to make a flat waterfall by just slapping a texture on a wall. I tried making different levels of water and then sloping them together like you would with the ground, but that didn’t work.

A quick PSA to mappers in the Arena division:

I have just added "Survival" to the TypeOfLevel flags. Please review your map headers if you intend for your level to be played in both the Survival and Arena modes. I would also avoid using "BigArena". The flag is still technically valid and will not cause an error in the mapheader, but it is no longer recognized by the arena gametypes as being a compatible TypeOfLevel.

Hello everyone I am creating a remake of the level Frozen Hillside Zone, I can not show a screenshot because it is incomplete but if a sketch of the level, here I show them.

sketch image

P.S. I need some help from you because I am the only one and also the first one who registered on this page.

P.S.2 I should also create the wad in a hurry because they are about to launch.

733768318300717150.png

unknown.png

Also in response to me making this
srb22681.gif

Blade himself responded with this
unknown.png

In other words, your idea cannot be submitted to OLDC, even if followed through to fruition, and it's redundant anyways because the original creator is going to revamp it.

733768318300717150.png

unknown.png

Also in response to me making this
srb22681.gif

Blade himself responded with this
unknown.png

In other words, your idea cannot be submitted to OLDC, even if followed through to fruition, and it's redundant anyways because the original creator is going to revamp it.

I understand you, sorry I was so stupid posting this, but that is, I also look like himself YandereDev. And I also wanted to cancel this project because I was in a hurry.

P.S. And how about you being my fellow user so you can make a private message by sending the Frozen Hillside Zone remake?

Ah, good times...

Awesome to see the OLDC is back! Everyone's levels are looking great, and I look forward to trying them out. :)

I'd like to show my previews of maps that I'm going to submit but which program should I use to get the images to show? I tried Imgur and inserting the link of a photo using the Insert Image but it doesn't show the screenshot.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back