Srb2DB2 3D Mode (Or Visual Mode)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanthom

Also known as Strawberry
Finished setting up Srb2 Doom Builder 2 with it's 2.1 config file. There's just one problem : No FoF is displayed in 3D mode. How can I fix this?

Go to tools>preferences>controls, scroll down to "Modes", assign GZDoom visual mode to a key, then use that for 3D mode.

Nothing happens as in it doesn't open GZDoom visual mode, or it doesn't display FOFs still?

Edit: Oh wait, you also have to go into tools>game configurations>sonic robo blast 2 2.1>modes and enable GZDoom visual mode.

It doesn't open GZDoom visual mode. Not even an error box, nothing.

Reply to Edit : Thank you very much! It worked! :)

Last edited:
Another quick question about Srb2DB2, is there any way to add those fancy gadgets in the toolbar from Srb2DB1? (Like sector merging, split linedefs etc...)

Not as far as I'm aware, but those things sound like things that are automated in db2. Never used db1, though, so I don't know. Like, for instance, placing a vertice on a linedef will turn it into 2 linedefs. And moving a sector over another automatically fixes the linedefs. But, I don't know if this is what you're talking about.

Fanthom probably means some of the features listed here: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2_Doom_Builder#Mode-specific_menus

That said, "sector merging" is when you select two or more sectors and decide they should become a single sector. This can work with multiple sectors next to each other, or even sectors completely isolated from each other in the map. SRB2DB1's "Merge Sectors" feature does sector merging, and removes any linedefs that separated them (if appropriate), while "Join Sectors" does the same thing but without the linedef removal. "Split Linedefs" on the other hand just splits a linedef in half by creating a vertex in the middle of it.

Edit: wait, sorry, this is the right place: https://wiki.srb2.org/wiki/SRB2_Doom_Builder_tutorial/Getting_started#Toolbar

Last edited:
Those features are still there in DB2, but only in the menu bar. I don't think there's any way to add them to the toolbar.

Ooh I get it! Make sectors mode is Merge Sectors!
Also, if you paste a selection from the map, the builder gives you the ability to rotate it and re-size it as you see fit. I guess I just need to get used to this builder.
Thanks for taking your time, Thanks especially for the GZDoom visual mode.

Also, if you paste a selection from the map, the builder gives you the ability to rotate it and re-size it as you see fit.

Worth noting, this is actually edit mode. You can access this by pressing e when you have sectors/vertices/linedefs/things selected, as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back