SRB2's first convention - Crawlacon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

The unreliable judge
After several months of feverish planning, I am proud to announce on behalf of the entire forum staff SRB2’s first convention! Crawlacon!

Events

Opening Show
The official welcome to Crawlacon, catch the latest announcements and further details on events for the weekend here! Swiftly followed by our SRB2 related variety show! Remote controlled crawlas, Brak Eggman pinatas and more oh my.

Meet and greet
Meet your favourite SRB2 players and community members, such as Whackjood, Spiritcrusher and Nev3r! We’ll even be offering signed copies of SRB2 CD’s.

Exclusive beta testing
Get the once in a lifetime opportunity to beta test unfinished SRB2 levels, such as the following in development screenshots of one of SRB2’s more elusive hyper levels!
srb20222.png

srb20431.png

Your feedback will be taken into account as you shape the future of SRB2’s single player campaign!

Best wads panel
Play through community favourites such as River Dash Zone and Lava Rock Zone! As decided by our exclusive and elusive panel of elite judges!

Cosplay Masquerade
Dress with the best and outshine the rest in our exclusive SRB2 themed cosplay panel! Come dressed as your favourite characters or wads and strut your stuff in front of the community! Have a sneak preview of one moderators SRB1 Sonic costume~
sonic.jpg

Games Room
Throughout the entire con we will have a side room dedicated to playing classic megadrive games for that special nostalgic feeling SRB2 is based on. Featuring timeless classics such as Bubsy the Bobcat and Altered Beast!

Level design feedback
Bring your unfinished and WIP wads to this panel, and the judges collectively will play your work and tell precisely why it is terrible and by extension why you are terrible too! There will also be space here for new and aspiring level designers to receive one to one tuition on how to make a level more interesting than Lift Zone!

Original Character workshop
Looking to make a new character wad but need some help finalizing your character design? Bother STJR’s team of artists for help here! (NO RECOLOURS ALLOWED ON PENALTY OF MESSAGE BOARD BAN)

Level speed building
Gotta go fast, can you make a good level in one hour? Can you outpace STJR themselves as they rush against you to make something that won’t come dead last in our future speed building official contest?

Closing ceremony
In which we say good bye to the lot of you, also with a special surprise if we manage to raise enough money for charity… Shaving Mystic’s neckbeard!

Dealers
We’re sellouts now! Featuring a dealers table courtesy of http://www.sonicmerchandise.com/gb/

FAQ

When does the Con start and end?
It starts on October 25th at 10am and ends on October 26th at 10pm

I’d like to volunteer as a helper for the con. How do I go about doing that?
You must be a member of the message board with no infractions to apply for helper status, please send any applications directly to me by PM.

What is the membership rate?
Just like with SRB2, and to avoid legal issues with Sega’s scary band of lawyers, entry is absolutely free! But spaces are limited so book in advance.

Can banned message board members attend?
NOPE, get wrecked rule breakers.

Where can I register?
Right HERE

Question: Do the available CDs have the CD music playback feature available? I heard that was being removed.

Can you believe it? it has already been 6 years since 1.09.4, time sure goes fast.
Anyways, I have already registered and booked a hotel, see you guys at Crawlacon!

I took a time machine and went to the con using it and it was a pretty horrendous experience. don't go if you know what's good for you

I'll be there!!!!
If any of you are looking for me, I'm this handsome, strong man pictured here:

See you all there!!!

You know nothing, fools; I am Crawlacon!

(Maniacal laughter!)

God yes, you know I'm going to attend! I'd better build the perfect fur suit to wear for the occasion, this outta be good. I want to be my original character, Cream's long lost older sister Laura.

Last edited:
Best wads panel
Play through community favourites such as River Dash Zone and Lava Rock Zone! As decided by our exclusive and elusive panel of elite judges!

Oh yes, I loved Lava Rock Zone back when it first came out! It's like Azure Temple but with lava! I vote for making it the next Hyper Level!

And no mention of the great Canyon CTF Zone? For shame, it's the only wad that has had consistent scores from everyone!

Hey look, an SRB2 convention! Holy crap, that'll be awesome! Let's see... now to find where the heck it's located... hmm...

Can I bring a Crawla cake made of marzipan or is it disallowed to bring your own food?

The con's only about six months away, and yet...

viMi3dk.png

I'm already ready for it. Can't you see the excitement on my face, as I prepare myself for the speed building contest?

Darn, I almost forgot to book a hotel for this con. If only an approximate location of this con were available. I'm guessing it's somewhere near STJR HQ, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back