Favorite Video Game Theme?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sonnarkku said:
Cornered (Variation) (2004 Remix)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_Yrg...eature=related

This beats all opinions so far

I was going to reply to this with a smart-alecky "meh" or something to that extent, but this music is pretty good. Sort of repetitive, but not bad at all. Moving on...

Oh god, the Mother 3 Love Theme, I've never played the game in it's entirety and this song has reduced my black, black soul to tears. The vocal version is even... better, I suppose... For all I know, the Japanese lyrics could be totally insulting the gullible non-Japanese-understanding listener... and it still sounds beautiful.

FFII's Rebel Army Theme has always been a favorite of mine. And I like the music from the opera scene of FFVI, and the main theme and bombing mission theme from FFVII.

Viewtiful Joe's always been good for good tunes. Some Like It Red Hot, Memoirs of an Invincible Monster, and True Heroes are tight homies, all the way.

Of the original 16-bit Sonic games, I like the themes of Green Hill Zone and Emerald Hill Zone the best. Both are pretty interesting songs... All the online descriptions of these songs I can find describe both of these tracks as "happy" and "cheerful". I think they sound incredibly weary and slightly depressed, although this isn't very apparent for Emerald Hill until 0:17. Green Hill sounds a tad cautiously optimistic a little while before it loops, while Emerald Hill sounds outright alarmed. I like this sense of melancholy, which I believe was deliberate and is supposed to signify the increasing strain that Sonic's natural world must endure at Eggman's hands. I'm glad the same emotion was captured in Green Flower Zone 2's theme.

Also, Blimp Off. It's the perfect music for getting you into the mood to hand K. Rool his butt on a platter.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back