Checksum Mismatch while trying to load...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chromatian

KartKrew™
Sonic Team Junior
Kart Krew™️
Code:
Checksum Mismatch while trying to load [color=red]Name hidden upon request.[/color]. Make sure you have the copy of the file the host has. Got unkown net command (38)=76 (Max 0)

In other words, I get kicked when trying to load this, or a few other wads during a netgame. Then it gives me this error in the console, what does it mean?

A user wanted me to remove the name, so just consider all of that the wad name.

Your version of the .WAD is different from the host's version, thus, the game bails out. Nothing special.

Is the WAD in a subdirectory, by any chance? I've seen that rarely cause a problem or two.

Once, when I was about to submit a map for a contest, I had opened a server just to do a final test.

I added the wad => Crash! I almost panicked.

I got to fix it after I checked the level header, I don't remember what, but I had mistyped something or added something not supported.

A question: I'm thinking of adding "Author" in file properties, you know: Right click on a file > Properties > Summary > Author. Can this cause conflict between who has got an older version of my wad and the version with edited properties upon joining my servers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back