Windows 7, everything Vista was meant to be...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tets said:
Moving on, Bittorrent is nothing more than a file transfer protocol. It is not inherently illegal, regardless of what the RIAA and MPAA want you to think. With that said, the Bittorrent argument can only go downhill from here. I suggest it end now.
I've emphasized the important part for you guys. If you want to have an argument about this, you can go through the proper channels and stop derailing this thread because you don't like it.

ITT we talk about Windows 7. End of story.

Windows 7 Download

Anyone want to get the official MS Windows 7 Beta?

http://download.microsoft.com/downl...00_client_en-us_Ultimate-GB1CULFRE_EN_DVD.iso

It's 32- bit.

To get the key, boot up the DVD and go to the Recovery Options. Go into the Command Prompt, and type "cd inf", then type "type setup.cfg" (Without the quotes) At the bottom it has the key for all versions. Apparently only Ultimate works. Exit the Recovery Options and start to install Windows 7. When asked for the Key, press "Alt+Tab" and copy the Key. Press "Alt+Tab" and past into the box.

I installed this, it works great. I love the paint upgrade.

And Srb21103, isn't that last link technically warez? (IIRC the timernuke is a hack that disables the timer in 7.)

And I'm going to test SRb2 and Doom Builder shortly.

Edit: SRB2 works fine, only a minor graphics problem on startup that passes after a second.

SRB2 doombuilder also runs fine, although I haven't tested 3D mode and got an error on closing.

Ghost_Zero said:
isn't that last link technically warez? (IIRC the timernuke is a hack that disables the timer in 7.)
Probably. As a result, I've removed it. Legit beta keys are dead easy to get now anyway.

I've got the beta installed now, and I have to say the superbar is pretty awesome. I kind of wish I had it in XP now. Unfortunately, my audio is pretty bad, but that's probably Creative's fault. They suck at drivers.

Good news: Windows 7 is sexy.
desktopWIN7.png

Bad news: I'm having problems with my sound drivers (SoundMAX Integrated Audio), and I haven't gotten them to function yet. If anybody knows of a fix for that, do tell.

Where can you get Windows 7? I know the full version isn't out yet, but my main hope is that it isn't so buggy and prone to viruses as Vista was. Only people like my 20-something-year-old cousin can use Vista properly, because he knows how to override the system and get an antivirus working on it, because he's a computer technician.

Well, I'll be...

My OpenGL problem fixed itself when I installed Windows 7.

My sound problem was because I had my headdies in the wrong jack. :X

I've got the public beta 7000 build, and I LOVE IT. Posting from it right now. It's fast, very nice looking, and really cool visual effects =3

I've never tried vista, and I can already tell Windows 7 is better =P

I'm really interested in trying this, but I think my pc can't handle it. I'm 256 mb short on ram, and everything else is bare minimum...except hard disk space. Anyone think I should try it?

Well, what are your exact specs? RAM isn't all THAT important, whats important really is Graphics and CPU. I've got in here an intel pentium 4, 2.4 GHZ, 1.5 GB of RAM, 128 MB GeForce FX5200, and it runs fine... as long as I don't have transparency on with Aero... I was going to try with 512 MB, but I held back until xmas so I could get the RAM I needed. I'm pretty sure it'll run with 512+ MB of RAM though...

My specs are literally the said minimum specs on the windows 7 site. 1 ghz AMD sempron (32bit), 768 mb ram, ATI Radeon 9200 - 128 mb ram. Anyway I guess I'll download it and maybe try it. I don't want a repeat of what installing Ubuntu did though. Ubuntu crashed 3 times for no apparent reason (each time it crashed I had to reinstall) and I eventually gave up on reinstalling it and erased the partition.

Or maybe I should just go get some more ram. I just looked at Frys, and they are selling 1 gb DDR for $30.

super said:
Its in beta, you can only get it by steeling online. So free

Not true, you can get it from Microsoft's Website. Anyone who has a Windows Live login can get a key and a torrent from Microsoft

BlueZero4 said:
Has anyone tested SRB2 or Doom Builder on Windows 7?
glaber said:
Can dosbox run on it?
Yes. Everything Doom related runs fine. In fact, pretty much every program I had on Vista runs fine except for anything that makes Virtual Drives. The only exception being PowerISO.

My specs

My PC's specs are:

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-8S651MP-RZ
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz 533fsb
RAM: 1gb DDR400 ram @ 333mhz
HD: 40 GB
GFX CARD: ATi Radeon 9250 256mb ram

Could I run Windows 7 on it?

Shane, person in your avatar is hot, guy or gal. </offtopic>

Yeah, Win7 looks pretty sweet. If I could have a decent torrent link?

Hell, i'd need a blank DVD and partition anyway... might not be worth trying just yet, since I'm not exactly prepared to partition my drives. Especially after that hell I had removing Vista.

(I'm using XP home SP3 right now)
My PC's specs are:

MOTHERBOARD: Gigabyte GA-8S651MP-RZ
CPU: Intel Pentium 4 2.4ghz 533fsb
RAM: 1gb DDR400 ram @ 333mhz
HD: 40 GB
GFX CARD: ATi Radeon 9250 256mb ram

Yes. Should run it, maybe quite quickly if you have Aero disabled. Also, assuming 7 is faster than Vista.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back